cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUID from CGPL_TEXT table changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I want to display a GUID from CGPL_TEXT table the GUID seems to have a different value.

I have added two screenshots. One from the table view and the other where I look only at the highlighted entre i display view.

How come the GUID value seem to change?

br,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entry is a Copied Group from Financial planning if that helps

br,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten

Might it be because of a conversion routine associated with this field? If you double click on one of these entries in CGPL_TEXT you will see there is a "Value" and also an "Value Unconverted". You can also see this through se11 for that :

I often use my external ID (e.g. Item external ID) as input to table CGPL_TEXT for field, e.g.

Which then results, see converted vs. unconverted:

Does this help

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

When I double click the entry I only see what I attached in the original post - the GUID Display picture. I don't see this "Value" and "Vaue Unconverted".

br,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Run se16n instead of se16

Let me know

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

We are not running on same instance as ECC. So transaction does not exist

br,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

u can change the default settings of the conversion exit from below path. Try check/unchecking the check box and verify the result.

goto settings then User parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I tried this, but unfortunately this does not help.

My issue is that I need the GUID I see with the 557********** in my BW extractor to map this to a GUID from /RPM/FIN_GROUP where I have Financial Planning groups (Both original and copied groups) to get the text for the Copied groups. The extractor extracts the converted (not the 557*******) GUID, which means, that I can't do the mapping to the GUID from /RPM/FIN_GROUP which is also the 557*********.

Any ideas that might help me?

br,

Morten