cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm able to issue (261 Movement type) material even though stock is not available at bin level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I'm able to issue (261 Movement type) material even though stock is not available at bin level.

E.g. User did PGI for 400 PC. But at WM level even though only 200 PC of stock was available. So this generated negative stock for 200 PC.

As checked, Allow negative stock check box is also not allowed at storage type level. Please let us know that how to apply restriction.

Regards,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

As correctly said by Juergen you should focus on how to fix the inconsistency between IM and WM levels. This is SAP standard behavior and no need to apply any restriction over here.

Check for any Open Transfer Requirements as to why the Stock is less in WM.As long as you have the IM and WM stock same, you would not face these kind of issues.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OSS 489754 - Negative quantities on WM storage bin. Try to manage it through error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm guessing that this was the result of your production order processing ?

Logically, if you have completed a production order, you must have physically consumed the raw materials therefore, the 261 PGI can not fail. Instead, the 'shortfall' is captured in txn COGI ready to be reprocessed when the raw materials are available for consumption.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Android,

Yes this process is for production order.

Basically i tried to issued the material for 400 quantities for the component part w.r.t process order. But my question is that at IM level 400 quantity of stock was available & at WM level only 200 quantity of stock was available.

When i issued the material for 400 quantity, IM stock deducted for 400 PC but in WM level stock level gone to negative -200. Though at storage type level negative stock check box is not activated.

So please let me know that how to restrict the negative posting of stock at WM level.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The original 261 issue for +400 PC was in IM, this figure then passed through the 'interface' and issued +400 PC form interim stype 914 (neg stock allowed). There were +200 PC available in the warehouse which is then offset against the -400 PC in 914 leaving a balance of -200 PC.

This is standard SAP however, I would suggest that the question you should be more concerned with is the misbalance between IM & WM stock in the first place ???

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A goods issue at IM level does not check at all what you have in WM.

As WM is just a sublevel of IM it has to be assumed that the total stock in WM is equal to the stock in a warehouse managed IM location.

If that is not the case then you better focus on analyzing how it came to this inconsistency and close this gap  instead of closing a gap that exists just in theory and would never happen again if your stocks are in sync.