cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing Cockpit and Purchasing Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

The situation in this : running extended Classic on SRM 3.0 (technical layer) with EBP 4.0 (functional layer). EBP organisation hierarchy/data is replicated from R/3. The professional buyer (the person who works in Sourcing), their Position is not assigned to the EBP local Purchasing Group. When they run the transaction Carry out Sourcing, their Worklist is always blank (because there is no User Id assigned to the P.Grp and therefore no one responsible) so they must use the Find tab to locate carts to process.

If I assign the Professional Buyer to the P.Grp, this will be undone the next time data is replicated from R/3 and the Prof.Buyer will be assigned to the org.unit as per R/3.

I would be grateful of any hints and tips that I can workaround this. One option is to create a dummy User Id and assign to the Purchasing Group although this is a little clumsy as the Prof. Buyer has 2 User IDs to do their job.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald

Does the BADI BBP_WF_LIST (Method BBP_WF_LIST_SOCO ) exist in your version?

I think that with this BADI you can change the behaviour of the pool in SOCO. Doing this I suppose you don't need to change the organizational structure

I hope this help you

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge.

I am hoping to accomplish this without using a BADI. My first attempt will be via the organisation hierarchy and User IDs but if this looks like it won't work, I may have to go the BADI route.

GP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerald,

It looks like on SRM 3.0 above option doesn't exisit in org plan - try this:

Create another dummy user id for purchasing group and then you can make substitute with actual prof buyer id. Yes, one disadvantage is you need login using dummy user id once to do "Substitute" in Approval (Inbox).

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv. I will give this a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done without creating two userid for the purchaser.

The user should be assigned to the Purchasing group. In the SRM org structure if you right click on the Purchasing group and than select Go to - pruchsers assignment. The Purchaser assignment screen will get open. Select the Purchasing group and than assign the user to the Purchasing group.

Let me know if this resolves your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, it did not solve the problem. When I right-click on the Purchasing Group and select GOTO, the options I see are : Chief Assignment, Organizational Structure, Report Hierarchy, Staff assignments (structure).