cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert text in 'Additional Number' field in transfer order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Is there a way I can insert text in the 'Additional Number' field of transfer order header? I am planing to create a transfer order w.r.t. to a TR which is automatically generated at the time of goods receipt against purchase/production order. I tried inserting text in FM L_TO_CREATE_TR in LTAK-LZNUM but it doesn't populate in the TO. I know this field can be populated during TR creation and it gets carried forward to the TO. But is there any way to insert it in the transfer order if the TR was already generated without the additional number?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can find an exit or enhancement, try passing the number first in Transfer Requirement and then it should flow in TO.

Regards

0 Kudos

Avinash,

If you have field WENUM activated in table T321 (IM-WM movement type config) as "X", you should be able to do it.

Please check if this helps.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds interesting but according to SAP, entering X in this field is only appropriate if you are releasing material from QI (Post Change) in the IM system.

Hope it works for you though

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe that there is a way as the field has a specific task. If text could be added there would be a risk of the system populated data being corrupted.

What data do you want to capture in this field ?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to pass a value which later will be used in TO label.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered the Certificate No field. Admittedly this is at line item level rather than header, but could be useful as the data is also carried through to the quant ?

Cheers