Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of goods field not populated on the customs declaration

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Under the customs declaration, the Item Overview tab (header) is not able to get value of goods field populated. Let us not confuse this with the logistics costs tab. The duty rate types A001 are at item level, so the logistics costs tab is basically empty.

Every field populated at the item level (Item) like the tariff number, product, unit of measure, departure country, description of goods, net weight and many more fields from the item level are copied over to the consolidated Item Overview tab except the value of goods field.  If all fields are getting copied, any reason only this wouldn't get copied. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Shrini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

The "Value of Goods" in the Item Overview is taken from the entry with Value Type '001'.

In the Calculation Procedure, double-click on the required Duty Type and assign the Value Type "Net Price / Invoice Value" - that is Type '001'.

Regards,

Dave

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

As usual you are right with this one! This is exactly what I have done. Thanks!

-Shrini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini

Can you check the config for A001 duty type? Also, let me know what GTS version and support package you are on. SAP turned off some features at header level in higher levels

Regards,

Satish

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, thanks! I have tried tweaking the A001 configuration in all the different ways and wasn't successful. The client system is on GTS 10.0 support pack 18.

Thanks,

Shrini

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

Thanks for the info, I think it is not due to higher releases. Can you check your checking rules?

SPRO - GTS - Customs Management - Calculation of Customs Duty - Configure Control Settings of Customs Duty Calculation (pick your calculation profile)

Regards,

Satish

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish. Checking rule C004 have been verified as well, no luck 😞

-Shrini

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm, wondering what else could be missing.. OK, check one more thing.

In the calculation procedure (SPRO - GTS - Customs - Calculation of Customs Duty - Define Calculation Procedure for Customs Duties), screeprint the duty type definition.

If you're making a change to config, always check by creating a new customs dec.

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again. I have validated the checking rule, calculation procedure (in the lower version it comes under the customs duty framework). I have validated there is no customized code within the declaration which can stop it from copying from the item level to item overview tab. It has been a tough nut to crack!

-Shrini

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK, i'll check and let you know if I find anything. If it is urgent, create an OSS incident.

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It has been done already as well. I wanted to understand from the forum,

if anybody had noticed it on their versions and if it was it a bug! I'm getting to see the issue for the first time! SAP had reported on the earlier versions where the goods description doesn't appear and wasn't identified as bug on the item overview.

-Shrini

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

correction, typo error goods description was identified as a bug on the item overview!

kanhaiya_jee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

Any update from SAP or you find anything yourself. I am also facing similar issue.

I have checked whatever config check mention above, but no success.

Could you let us know, if you have nay update?

Rgds

Kanhaiya

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kanhaiya,

SAP didn't respond, the message has been with them for a few weeks now. I took a couple of different routes to meet the business requirement. One is what Dave said, he is right with the suggestion. Go flip the setting on A001 to "net price/invoice value" from "Statistical".

The other route we opted based on the remaining half of business requirement was to get reporting data out of BI.(might not be relevant).

Thanks!

Shrini