cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRER vs MRRL for SUS invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We're currently using MRER to generate ERS invoices. The SUS docs say that you should use MRRL. While we can switch over (we're not automotive, and I'm unsure why MRER was chosen originally) if we can stick with MRER, I'd rather do that. It appears that we can push invoices to SUS, but the "Check Payment Status" button doesn't work.

I created two identical ERS POs, and moved one invoice over via MRRL and one via MRER to confirm that the MRRL invoice shows payment status.

I found a doc here that says you can use program RMMR1MRR, which is the program behind MRER. I can't paste the link for some reason. Probably because I'm on internet explorer. But if you do a search on that program name, you'll find the article from Dec 2008.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Seth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

the payment status is determined from SUS via RFC calls to ECC. This is done inside FM BBP_SUS_GETPAYMENT_STAT. We will retrieve the invoice details with an RFC call to FM BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_GETLIST and then the payment status with RFC call to APAR_EBPP_GET_DATA. You could debug these functions to see what is the difference in your both cases.

But generally in SUS we support the ERS process only with transaction MRRL.

best regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the info! We were debugging this a few weeks ago, and my developer noticed that the FM in SUS (I guess it was BBP_SUS_GETPAYMENT_STAT) was looking for the SUS invoice number, as well as the ECC invoice reference number. I figured that it looked for both values, and depending on what type of invoice we were checking, it would use one value or the other, since the same FM would be used for invoices generated in SUS (where the ECC reference number would be the SUS invoice number) and the ERS invoices, (where the ECC invoice number would be the ECC ref number and the SUS external ref number) .

As far as I can tell, the idocs generated by MRER & MRRL are identical. However, we have a BAdI that puts the GR delivery slip value into the ERS invoice reference field. So when SUS looks for that field (XBLNR) the value doesn't match the SUS reference field (the ECC invoice number) so it can't find the invoice.

I tried two things to test this, neither of which worked. The first was to change the PI mapping so that the XBLNR field was mapped to the SUS external reference field. For the second item, I guessed what the next invoice number we'd generate, and put that value into the delivery slip value in the GR. This populated the invoice, so that the reference field matched the invoice number. Neither of these worked.

My guess is that the code looks at both the invoice number and the XBLNR value to look up the invoice.

Regards,
Seth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seth

Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) process posts the invoice documents for all open goods

receipts without expecting the invoice from the vendor.

I have always used MRRL. I am not sure but I think MRER it is the same except that it has some more restrictive options and also does expect that invoice from vendor be posted .

Refer the below links for additional info

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20c57f75-d26f-2910-c3aa-dee124530...

416201 - Revaluation/cr.memo procedure: Debit value after revaluation

732272 - MRER: Avoidance of duplicate postings

680459 - MRER: Multiple selections in parallel execution

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or not. We're having problems with the "Check Payment Status" button with the MRER invoices. Anyone know what the difference is (on the SUS side) between MRER & MRRL generated invoices?

Thanks,

Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out