Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Order settlement to Cost Center

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue like we would like to settle the costs of Service Order to Cost Centre.

Following setup is available;

1. Allocation Structure - X1 for capturing labor costs with assignment as 210 for Controlling Area 'XXXX'

* In the Source we have maintained cost element group- COS_210

* COS_210 has Settlement Cost Elements with CE category '31' & Conveyance Allowance capturing CE with Category '1'(Revenue reducing costs)

* COS_210 has also specific settlement cost element with CE category '43' for capturing the Internal Hours of Service

2. Under the Assignments-Settlement Cost Elements we have selected 'PSG' given the individual Settlement CE with CE Category '21'.

3. Source Structure - Y1 with specific assignment which refers to 'A10"

* A10 has source assignment again a CE Group - SALES210

* SALES210 CE Group has again Settlement Cost Elements with CE Category ' 31'

4.     When we did the RA with KKA1, Actual Costs got displayed in RA.

5.     When we did the settlement with KO88, Costs got settled from sender with CE category'43' to Receiver CE category  '21'

6.    To achieve settlement to PSG, we have given Settlement Receiver as PSG with FUL settlement & 100%

7.    Cost posted in Service Order and Confirmation did with IW41 got settled properly to COPA.

8. Now, the requirement is I have selected the CTR (By CE Check box selected) in the receiver category of Settlement CE in Allocation Structure.

9. When I try to do the settlement with CTR as the settlement receiver defined in the Settlement rule, system is throwing me error like Settlement is not for Actual Settlement.

10. For settling to CTR I have to have settlement CE with CE category '22' is my understanding. I mean step-2 above should have CEcategory'22' CE.

Is that correct or I need to do something more.

Summary : 43 CE Category for PSG settlement with CE category '21'

43 CE Category for Cost Center(CTR) settlement with CE category '22'

Regards,

MRD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Settling from a WBS to a Cost Center is still within the P&L, you are just moving costs within CO without an impact on FI, so you will still use settlement cost elements of type 21.

CE with type 22 are used when you are moving costs off of the P&L and onto the Balance Sheet, like settling to an AuC.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken...we are planning to settle with the 21 CE Type  itself. Cost is having proper settlement receiver as Cost Center and the Accounting Documents also generated with correct postings.

Answers (0)