cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge two company codes- planning scope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We had a requirement two merge two company codes A and B as part of legal entity simplification.

Both the company codes are in SAP and using SAP-APO for planning the products.

I would like to know the Planning scope and what all to be considered during merging two company codes A and B.

Both the Company codes does have around 100 plants each.

Kindly show some light on the requirement gathering that needs to be taken care while merging two company codes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP gurus,

To add , I would like to know how the Production planning will be affected? and Does the merge of two company codes affect Planning?

Thank you.

Naveen.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific?  What do you mean?   Within APO, comapny codes is not relevant.  APO does not know anything about company codes.   Only exception is CIF when creating STO's / SO's inside ECC.  But even then if your orders are created in ECC w/o issue, then APO will be able to create them. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Snyder.

That was helpful.

My requirement is to know how does the Production planning will be affected when the plants from one company code are changed to another company codes?

Also what are the master data that needs to be migrated based on Production planning and demand planning?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Naveen.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

APO doesn't care about company codes.   Only Plants and Products. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth Snyder,

Can you also show some light on what are the master data that needs to be migrated based on production planning and demand planning in ECC when two company merge?

Thank you

Naveen.