cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry checkbox issues on detail screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the proper way to get this check box to show the proper value and respond to the clicks?

In all cases :

client 12.2

Value When Selected = True. 

Boolean Field is set for True / False;  Default to True

I have a checkbox on a detail agentry screen. 

If I set the object property to a boolean without an action tied to it, the box will show the proper value for checked or unchecked.

If I set the object property to a boolean property and add an action, the checked doesn't show and the action will not fire. 

if I set the object property to NONE with an update rule to point to the boolen field, and add the action, the action fires properly (value is updated) but the field still doesn't show checked/unchecked properly.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Can you please give me some more information as to what you are trying to do?  Check boxes shouldn't be used to run actions.  Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.  Are you on a transaction screen or a regular detail screen?  Thanks,

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's an example of a  regular detail screen.  I'm trying to save the user some clicks and from opening a screen that they will click one box and exit the transaction.    If i have check boxes that run actions , then the user will not have to even open a large screen just to select one of three check boxes.  I can do this with hyperlinks or embedded images , so why not check boxes that run the same actions?

On this detail screen, in  the time codes section I'd like to be able to run an action so that they user can select a time code without leaving the screen.  The Employee section already has a hyperlink on crew leader to set / unset the crew leader without leaving the screen.  The Equipment section at the botton has a hyperlink to the odometer screen so that the user can enter the odometer reading. 

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Hi. As you stated the object property when use as a boolean works. The only question you have is more tied to a transaction -> Property -> Boolean that has an update rule.  We do not know what is in your update rule to know what value is being returned.  In theory, we are assuming your update rule follows the boolean data type.

We have see other users use this but we will ping some of our dev team on how they used it to give a better example.  Without properly playing with it, we cannot state what is expected.

Let us see if our colleague dev team or consulting worked with this option in their project.

If they respond they should update this thread.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team