cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update VDS GRC Constants Connection_String password by JDBC URL Wizard?

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All experts!!

I try to update the VDS - GRC password, I go to "Constants' -> "CONNECTION_STRING" and this is under JDBC URL format.

How can I open the JDBC URL Wizard to update my password? I have this option when I create the new .xml from template, but I don't see the same icon or option under Constants page.

Anyone has idea how to update it? Thank you.

Regards,

Shunji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member243324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your quick response, it works if I copy and paste the encryption, but not the clear text format.

Anyways, since it works and I am not too care how is works under "clear text" format. Thank you for your help again!

Regards,

Shunji

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My pleasure, Shunji, please remember to mark the answer as correct so others will know in the future.

Regards,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shunji,

The URL Connection wizard can be changed by going to Data Sources / Singles / <SOURCE> and then go to the database tab as you will see below.

You can update this from the Constants node, but you would either need to do the encryption yourself or put it in clear text, which could be OK for Development purposes, but would not be good anywhere else. Or if IDM is your datasource, you might be able to copy it directly from the console.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt