cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set order(sequence) of Columns in HANA Calc. View with Star Join?

former_member231903
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a HANA Calculation View(Graphical) and it has a Star Join in it, and here comes the problem.

Because of the Star Join, I get two part in Semantics -> Details, one part for Local Columns, another for Shared Columns(get from Join with other tables). Now I don't know how to set the sequence of all these columns, I can set in each part, but I can't set sequence for all columns when they are not seen to be belonged to divided parts.

Say I have Columns L1, L2, L3 in Local, and S1, S2, S3 in Shared, what if I want to get the sequence of this View as L1, S1, L2, S2, L3, S3 ?

Thanks!

Blangero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I quite get what you want to do.

Do you want to set the order of columns (left to right) of the calc. view?

If that's the case, then the answer is: simply query the calc. view in the order you like. From a SQL point of view, the order of columns is without meaning and can/must be rearranged to your needs upon query time.

former_member231903
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to set the order of columns of the calc. view.

My problem is that there will be other views/reports which are generated by program, and the order is strongly depend on my calc. view.

I want the order to be business related and user friendly, so I need to change order of my calc. view.

Is there any solution?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, there is no option to arbitrarily define the order of the columns.

As mentioned above, this really is the tasks for the front-end, so if the solution you're currently using relies solely on the order of columns in the system, I recommend to have this changed.

former_member231903
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars, seems changing the solution is the only choice.

Answers (0)