cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROXY to SOAP asynchronous scenario in PI

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to SAP NetWeaver PI working on PI 7.31. I would like to understand proxy to soap asynchronous scenario in PI.  Can anybody explain me very briefly about it?

I have only one understanding in this case that sender is ECC in which outbound proxy is triggered carrying data to be sent to PI and then further to the third party system. My query is how can a receiver ( third party ) system can receive this data using SOAP adapter? In case of JMS messaging system, we have JMS receiver channel having JMS connection parameters of receiver system. What about SOAP receiver?

Please kindly elaborate on this.

Thank you!

Omkar Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Omkar,

Check the below link and you can ignore the reponse part as the scenario is Async in your case

0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

I am looking for Proxy to Soap asynchronous scenario in PI. I have checked that link about synchronous scenario. can you share any link showing asynchronous scenario if possible?

Thank you

Omkar

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

You can follow Raghu example, you would only to change the two service interface (message interface in the example) mode. In this way the operation mapping (interface mapping in the example) will have only the request tab (because in async communication there is not a response). The rest of the scenario will be the same.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be Same Omkar,Just ignore the response part.

guess Inaki Suggested the same.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

My query is how can a receiver ( third party ) system can receive this data using SOAP adapter?

In your PI receiver channel you are setting a endpoint URL (third party), with authentication or not. It is like if you type an URL in the browser, the endpoint server application is waiting a call for that endpoint. The PI SOAP receiver channel does this HTTP call. If you go to the PI monitoring you can notice that there is a PI message between the different internal steps (pipeline steps), the payload (data) is crossing each step to the receiver channel.

Regards.

bhagya_nayanala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar

Receiver will receive the data since you will give Webservice url and SOAP Action to be performed on Target side.

Regards

Bhagya

0 Kudos

Hi Bhagya,

is it so that receiver side will always be a webservice whenever it is SOAP receiver?

Thanks!