cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic ALV rows with Splitter UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a simple scenario, if there are 2 ALVs - one on the top and another below it with a Splitter UI element. A horizontal sash separates the 2 ALVs. How can I drag the sash and make the visible rows of the 2 ALVs change dynamically? As of now, I see only 10 rows being shown in the 2 ALVs and it doesnt change if I move the sash up/down-wards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Grurus,

Is there any one who could answer this question, at least say whether this is at all possible or not?

Thanks ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

from your question i can understand that vertical scroll bar is not working for the second alv. as you cant scroll up/down to see other records apart from those 10 which is being displayed in alv.

If this is your question, then the reason for scroll bar not working is might be the coding for alv is in method wdmodifyview. try writing the code in wddoinit or any other custom method and it will work .

Thanks,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Sorry for not being very clear.

The vertical scroll bars are working perfectly for both the ALVs. But the point is, for example, if i drag the sash downwards the top ALV still shows 10 rows although I have given it more space where some more rows could have been shown. So somehow I want to change the set_visible_row_count either automatically(if the framework can be made to handle this somehow) or dynamically(through my code).

I have uploaded a pic where you can see the sash has been dragged downwards and still the top ALV shows 10 rows. Also, for the bottom ALV if I can reduce the set_visible_row_count number, I can avoid the extra scroll bar that is coming. I dont want the RED parts.