cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing is not working for Previously processed messages in UDMS

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured the UDMS on AE and it is working find for the messages from when the UDMS is created, but I am not getting the previous messages.

Ex: UDMS Configuration Date is 08/06/2016, but when I search for the messages of the date 07/06/2016 the filter is not working.

As a recommendation, I have started INDEXING job from 07/06/2016 to 08/06/2016 to collect the previous date messages in to the filter, still the filter is not working for previous messages.

One more thing is that, the INDEXING job status is always in RUNNING status, its not showing Completed status as shown in the attachment.

So, I would like to know three things here.

1. Where to check the Indexing job status in Java Stack level whether it is enable or disable.

2. Indexing job status will be shown as Running or Completed?

3.Do I need to manually enable/disable the Indexing option anywhere at server level, if yes then where?

Your valuable feedback is very much helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Indexing works once done for specified period of time. One thing which you might check is the persistence of message which you are trying to search.

First of all in default all asyn scenarios are persisted (staged) so if you are searching for async messages then it should come up and if not then please have admin /Basis look at the table BC_MSG whether on it indexing is on or not.

Indexing job status will be shown as Running or Completed?

--> It does show that its completed and running when its in progress. Good option is to select date range wisely not to over burden the system.

.Do I need to manually enable/disable the Indexing option anywhere at server level, if yes then where?

--> A developer can not perform on-off on indexing but a Basis person can control it. Please check with Basis person. Indexing is done for all processed messages before UDMS is configured.

Where to check the Indexing job status in Java Stack level whether it is enable or disable.

--> Basis can provide you info. Its done on database level.

0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

1. I am trying on Asynchronous messages only.

2. While starting the Indexing Job I am taking an Interface which has a very less number of message

flow i.e; per day 10 messages. I started the Indexing job only for one day, but still its not showing

the status as Completed.

3. Basis colleagues also couldn't help me in this case.

The final step is to check with SAP only.

I will update you all if I get any update.

Thanks

Venkat B.

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu,

once you schedule the job index there itself it shows once the complete status. And also check whether you are archiving any messages in Java stack and date duration.

regards,

loordh.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There was a bug in scheduling / status reporting of indexing job for UDMS, which was described and fixed by a correction in the SAP Note 2128255 - have you already checked its applicability to your PI system?

Regards,

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hello PI Experts,

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks

Venkat.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Also I would like to know if the UDMS Configuration would have any performance impact on the server.

Thanks

Venkat.