Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PPF action after ODO creation in background

alexander_bohris
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it would great if you could help me.

I would like to create a direct ODO in EWM (Rel. 9.2) and distribute it to the ERP system in a customer specific background programm.

I'm using the methods CREATE_WHR and SAVE from the standard class /SCWM/CL_DLV_MANAGEMENT_PRD.

The outbound delivery is created correctly in EWM, but it is not distributed to ERP, because the PPF action is not scheduled nad executed.

When I'm using transaction /SCWM/SGI to create the same document type, everything works fine and the delivery is distributed
to ERP, so I think the customizing is correct.

Many thanks in advance for your ideas.

Best regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I suppose the status type DDS is active for your document type?

Maybe there was some message in the document consistency check, so that document was still in status blocked when it was first saved to DB. If you want to see the application log for this time, activate the application log for subobject DLV_OUTBOUND_PRD (not for production systems!). Then you can find information about this document in SLG1.

There is no need to change any setting in the PPF. Changing the settings for the ERP integration in PPF will most likely end up in data inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Katrin

alexander_bohris
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

your right, the status type DDS is active as are all subobjects for the application log.

Everything is created correctly. At the end I have the entries in table /SCWM/MESSAGELOG as well, indicating which message should be sent.

Only the PPF action for sending is still missing.

On a different system (also an EWM 9.2), using more or less the same implementation to create a SGI delivery, the PPF actions are executed perfectly.

I don't know where to look for differences.

Best regards,

Alexander

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

do you use COMMIT WORK or COMMIT WORK AND WAIT? The standard prgroms usually do the latter. PPF 'At Save' starts the exucution after the COMMIT and it depends on all data being available on the database already. If there was a simple COMMIT the PPF action might not have found its data.

This would be the most plausible explanation in a system where there is a message log and not PPF execution. The good thing is that the interface from EWM to ERP is mostly self-repairing. It collects the unprocessed messages, gets them in the correct sequense and sends them. So it would send you creation at hte GI posting latest.

Regards,

Katrin

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

PPF action ' /SCWM/MSG_FD_OUT_SEND' is used to send the message to ERP about the outbound delivery in EWM.

As you said that , when you are creating manually it is distributed to ERP correctly , means scheduled condition is working correctly.

Schedule condition is '/SCWM/MSG_SCHEDCOND'.

So, check the custom program to trigger the above PPF action.

BR,

C K Reddy

alexander_bohris
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi C K,

it's actually the PPF action '/SCWM/MSG_PRD_SEND' to replicate the ODO to ERP before GI is posted.

The problem is, I see it in the scheduling determination when debugging the PPF determination, but for some reason the trigger is dropped at the end, not even a logging is created.

Best regards,

Alexander

former_member183610
Active Contributor

Hi,

Check the class ' /SCWM/CL_MAPOUT_OD_SAVEREPLICA' in EWM.

it can call the ERP function module ' /SPE/OUTB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA' in case of direct outbound deliveries.

BR,

C K Reddy