cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the putaway inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I just tried to test the putaway inventory but despite my settings the PI Document wasn't created.

My settings are following:

1. I've added a procedure for the putaway inventory to my PI Area:

2. Checkbox for putaway PI is also activated for my PI area:

3. I've created a totall new storage bin (because as far I know the putaway PI will be only proceeded

when the first putaway will be done) and I've also assigned this new bin to the inventory activity are:

4. PI Area is also assigned to the AA:

But when the putaway pocess for one HU finished no Putaway PI Document is created. Bu the way I'm performing

the putaway not by follow-up WT but I just create an standard WT in the Monitor.

Could anyoune give any tipp how I could solve this issue?

BR and thanks in advance

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

clark_min
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Not sure if you have worked this out.

One hint is that you need to assign the bin with physical inventory area and activity for PI. Then you need to do bin sorting.

Kind Regards,

Clark

oritra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Not sure if the below will come of any help. But suggest you check:

1. Mixed storage is not permitted in the storage type. LSPI and Putaway PI do not work with mixed storage.

2. In case the WT created gets assigned to any queue, the Putaway PI field gets populated in the WT during confirmation. If not, the Putaway PI field gets populated on WT creation.

Regards,

Oritra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Can you confirm that it is your new physical inventory year?

Because I find this on the F1 help:

Putaway Physical Inventory

Use

If you set this indicator, the system activates the putaway physical inventory. This means that at the time of the first putaway in the system in a new physical inventory year, it checks whether or not the location (e.g. the storage bin in Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)) is empty.

Once the system has checked the location (e.g. the storage bin) at the time of putaway, meaning that it is empty, this is documented by the physical inventory document. For the annual physical inventory in the physical inventory year, this location (e.g. the storage bin) then counts as inventoried.

If the location (e.g. the storage bin) is not empty at the time of putaway, the system refuses the putaway physical inventory. It does not create a physical inventory document and the location (the storage bin) does not count as inventoried.

Regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

yes, I also have seen this information and that's why i always create a new storage bin for the test.

BR

Denis