Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI:Pre - Requisites For The SuccessFactors and SAP HCM Integration

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am new to the Hana Cloud Integration. i had a requirement to integrate the Success factors employee data with the SAP hcm system Using HCI(Hana Cloud Integration). What are the pre - requisites To do the integrate the employee data between SF EC and the Sap HCM system? As of my knowledge

i have listed some of the pre - requisites

1. On SAP HCM Side:

Need to install the HCM Add - On's for the central component 6.0

NetWeaver Release 7.00 SP27,

NetWeaver Release 7.01 SP12

NetWeaver Release 7.02 SP8

NetWeaver Release 7.10 SP15

NetWeaver Release 7.11 SP10

NetWeaver Release 7.30 SP3

NetWeaver Release 7.31 SP7

NetWeaver Release 7.40 SP7

And Application Components:

SAP_APPL 600 SP15 or higher

Message based employee replication from Employee Central to SAP ERP HCM: PA_SE_IN 1002

On Successfactors side what are the pre - requisites i have to do ?

2. if we are having the webservices we have to activate those webservices and we can use the SOAP Adapter to communicate with the HCM System. if we are not having the webservices then how can i integrate with sap?Do i need to go for the file adapter option?

Please Suggest me that the configuration settings from each aspect like HCM ,SF & HCI.

Regards

Giridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giridhar,

Below might help you

Step1:

First step is to identify the type of SF Deployment you need to follow.

1) Talent Hybrid 2)Full Cloud HCM 3) Side-by-Side approach

Details about above deployment types are available in collection mentioned in the last step.

Step2:

List down the type of integration you have For Ex: CostCenter ,Employee profile,TimeOff,OrgData Replication...etc

Step3:

Search for the availability of Standard Content for the integration based on your deployment approach ( To find out which system is master and which is slave ).

If standard content is not available ( usually for some cases with 3rd party integration ) you can create Custom Integration.

Step4:

Follow the guides available @ https://help.sap.com/hr_ecintegration based on your deployment strategy. Contains end to end implementation guides.

Step5:

Establish the connectivity between SF to SAP HCI-PI & vice versa and SAP HCI to On Premise & Vice Versa.

In terms on SAP ERP to SAP HCI you can enable the connectivity as mentioned in the guides mentioned in step4

In terms of SAP HCI to SAP ERP  connectivity you can leverage SAP Hana Cloud Connector. [ Flow would be SF-SAP HCI-SAP HCC-SAP ERP ]

SF and HCI connectivity is based on the basic user authentication ( You can deploy the SF related security artefact in HCI ) which can be used for communication between SF and SAP HCI vice versa [ Requires a user in SF with all the API access, for both OData and SFAPI ).

Step6:

Once the connectivity is established you can configure the Standard Integration ( considering you are going to use pre delivered integration content by sap ) and perform end to end testing.

Docs related to SF integration all are available in below link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41539

Regards,

Sriprasad  Bhat