cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps involved in migrating the changes from development to Test and then to production in SAP IBP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the steps involved in migrating the changes from development to Test and then to production in SAP IBP.

Does it require the attention of SAP to prepare the transport channel from development to Test and then to production in SAP IBP.

Thanks,

NC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say 'changes', I hope you mean planning area configuration changes? That is done via 'Planning Area Transport' functionality. For that both source and target systems have to be on same version.

You need to create an OSS ticket to set up the transport route between source and target systems, which needs to be done by SAP. Remaining steps can be executed from the web UI.

best regards

Rinju

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I mean we are adding few new KF in the same Planning area which we are planning to migrate from dev-->test--> Prod.

Yes, the versions are same for Dev,Test and Prod :4.0.2.4

thanks,

NC

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello NC,

First you have to ask SAP to set up transport route between two systems. Once done then you can use model transport option in web ui to create export and import.

Best Regards,

Ana

0 Kudos

Thanks Ana for your response.

Also, is there any guide to perform the model export & import.

Raising a request for transport route will be through OSS ?

How about the Roll back plan incase of any failure, I mean what needs to be done in that case ?

Thanks,

NC

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello NC,

Yes , you have to raise the request/ticket for requesting transport route through OSS.

Check out  http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf     Go to section 14 in this PDF. Page 104.

Best Regards,

Ana