Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFCEXEC - External Program Registration

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have TCP/IP RFC Connections in SAP system and few RFC Connections are having Standalone gateway server details of target server maintained in SM59.

Few connections are using SAP Gateway directly to connect. My question is about RFCEXEC. We tried registering few RFCs in OS level using RFCEXEC and it worked.

Also without registering, Few RFC programs started working by registering in the target server in SAP management console.

Can anyone let me know the situation in which we need to go for RFCEXEC registration ?

I do notice a RFC called RFCEXEC as TCP/IP which is having target serer as the application server itself.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Jegan,

rfcexec program is only an example program for testing. This program does not register any other porgrams at the gateway, but only itself. Please take a look at KBA:

1893014 - program not registered

explaining you have to find out the real name of your program to be registered, which is not rfcexec.

Regards, Alwina

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i could understand this. Could you please let me know the use of RFCEXEC Program in SAP?

Also our current scenario here,

We have TCP/IP connection in our SAP system and we had maintained the "Gateway Host" and "Gateway Port" of third party server as they have standalone gateway installed in their server.

Few days back their server was restarted and RFC in SAP stopped working. If we provide the details of SAP hostname and Gateway port in their server then RFC is working. But it should not connect to SAP gateway directly as they are having their own standalone gateway.

We are sure that there is no issue in SAP side but can you please suggest us whether any other settings/services to be checked from their side in windows machine.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reset your configuration, and then have them restart their gateway services. This is almost alwas a problem on the third party side, especially since it was working and then stopped working on their side.

Usually in cases like these you get the vendor to restart their services, or if they did restart the server they should troubleshoot on their side.

Kind Regards,