cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any one worked on migration project that is from sap IBP 4.0 to IBP6.1and if what are the steps involved?

0 Kudos

Does any one worked on migration project that is from sap IBP 4.0 to IBP6.1and if what are the steps involved?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Katalin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Have you seen this blog post lately?

You can read here about the preparation steps (just what Alecsandra detailed out), and the migration guide is now also available.

Regards,

Katalin

0 Kudos

Thanks katalin.

sb_fernandes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katalin

In FAQs they mentioned about checklist.But I did not get any checklist.If you have kindly share.

Regards

Roshan

sb_fernandes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari.

One doubt.The PPT is with respect to Starter Edition.But systems are not Starter Edition.Not sure will it be same approach for other systems as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

i am also not sure on this. Lets see if someone responds from the group who already done this.

Sorry for the delay in reply

Thanks

Hari

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hari,

Please send me an direct email at Krishna.Mamidipaka@bizbraintech.com. We have migrated 2 customers to 6.2..I would like to understand what you are looking for..

Thanks,

Krishna

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Given that is an assisted migration, the migration activities are handled by SAP ops team.

As a customer / implementation partner you will need to:

• prepare migration plan (project plan, decide what planning areas will be brought forward to IBP6, clean up user account prior to migration)
  • conduct the reggression testing
  • configure HCI tenant to IBP6 system
  • end user training (to cover new functionalities) and system acceptance

Regards

Alecsandra

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can also check out the presentation where the migration topic was tackled.

Access below blog post and check for 19 April, 2016 - SAP Integrated Business Planning 6.1 Customer Rollout.

0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra for the deatils.