cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control for Email in SAP Mobile Secure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking into configuring the access control for email in SAP Mobile Secure.

What i want is that users should be able to configure and use Touchdown Email client only and cannot use other third-party email app and cannot even configure the device native email.

Can we create a configuration policy to achieve the same ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

You can try adding the list of applications you would like to block in the Applications black list for Android devices. Go to Config Policy -> Android -> Samsung SAFE -> Application Policy  and add the app which you would like to block.

For iOS devices, you should go to iOS -> Config policy -> Restrictions -> can block the iTunes store to restrict the app downloads. But, we don't have any policy or restriction to stop the 3rd party email clients to get downloaded on the devices.

Also, for the device native mail client we cannot restrict the user to use it for both android and iOS.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there something we can do like, create a policy to overwrite the user settings for iOS mail client ?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

That is one possibility.  I would recommend testing, but you can always set the program with invalid data.  The end user will still be able to come back in and reset it, but every time your policy applies, it will be reset back to your invalid settings. 

As Sushmitha mentioned, neither OS allows Afaria to lock out the user.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will definitely test it. But this will be upsetting the administrator to apply the policy again and again to overwrite the settings for the mail client.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-mobilesecure/Access_Control_Guide.pdf

Above is the link to the product manual that describes access control. As you can read, email from unmanaged accounts is blocked by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason I'm asking this is because we want to restrict the users to configure third party email clients and also the built in client on the device.

For example Outlook for iOS etc. we don't want to allow this.

As stated in the guide " Email from unmanaged accounts is blocked by default " , i can see this is for Android devices only. How can we do it for iOS devices ?

Thanks.