cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location does not exist for external loc - Issue in CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with decsriptive charactestics scenario, i have transfered Salesorders to APO. But i couldnot able to transfer the the deliveries into APO.

When i saw the outbound queue, i got error message.

i.e. " Location does not exist for external loc INDH , type 1001, and BSG BS ".

Here INDH is my location of type 1002.

I really do not underastand why it is checking abt the location of type 1001 ( production plant).

In the details of the message, some function modules are given. Those are

Function Module Queue Name Status

<i><b> /SAPAPO/CIF_SHP_LOCK</b></i> CFTL5225010228 Location does not exist for external location

<i><b> /SAPAPO/CIF_SHP_LOCK</b></i> CFTL5725009598 Location does not exist for external location

<i><b>/SAPAPO/CIF_SL_DOC_INBOUND </b></i> CFSLS5225010228 <i><b>Location does not exist for external location

/SAPAPO/CIF_SL_DOC_INBOUND</b></i> CFSLS5725009598 Location does not exist for external location.

Strange thing is, as soon as i remove descrptive chars, it works fine.

Now i do not know whether the problem is descriptive characterstics or not.

Can anyone guide if there are any setting needs to be done while using descriptive chars for forecast consumption.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jagdeesh

did u solvet he problem if yes please tell me coz i am also seeing the same error message..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our problem got solved after implementing note : 1051683.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> When i saw the outbound queue, i got error message.

>

> i.e. " Location does not exist for external loc INDH

> , type 1001, and BSG BS ".

>

> Here INDH is my location of type 1002.

>

> I really do not underastand why it is checking abt

> the location of type 1001 ( production plant).

I think in this case you have not assigned the node type DC to your plant INDH in customising. On the R/3 side, go to spro -> IMG -> Production -> Distribution Resource Planning (DRP) -> Basic Settings -> Maintain assignement of node type - plant

Then assign DC as the node type to you plant. This is the setting that the CIF uses to determine the type of the location in APO, as in R/3 they are all plants. Without this setting it will assign type 1001 for production plant by default.

Not sure about the other issue you have though.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I have assigned node type DC to my plant INDH in R/3 and then transfered the location of type 1002 only. Now in APO my location INDH is of type 1002 ( Distribution Center).

This issues comes only when i use consumption group in product master.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I take it that location is one of your descriptive characteristics in the consumption group. Check that all your locations in the DP location characteristic exist in your master data, including customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Yes, loaction one of he descriptive characterstic in my consumption group. Master data for locations, products is existing and customers also we brought in to APO.

Anything else u feel that is mising here.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any idea on the above issue, as i'm not able to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its possible that the descriptive characteristics in the SO and the Delivery is not matching whats in APO.

Can you do a Consistency check using /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 for the SO and deliveries between APO and R3 and then try the transfer again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following and let me know If it worked

A location product must not have any orders, if you want to assign it a consumption group.

So Check this and delete all the orders for the location product and then try assigning the Consumption Group

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already assigned the Consumption group to location product.

Yesterday, i had strange observation on this issue. Delivery is getting transfered to APO with production plant of type 1001. Now the the problem is only with locations of type 1002.

When i do delivery on location of type 1002, it gives the error " Location does not exist INDH, type 1001, BSG BS"

Ane idea, why it behaves differently.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Jagadeesh,

Did you maintain the strategy 30 in product master? Please make sure that you transferred all related master data to APO before the transfer of Sales order or deliveries.

Make sure you followed all the steps in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/58/39df3a6610696ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Characteristics-Based Forecasting</a>