cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andriod Device Id registration on SMP 3.0

0 Kudos

Hello mobility experts.

We want to extract device unique id to register in SMP under the devices tab, so that we have a track of it and gets  store it somewhere. i did not  find anything for Android devices.Please help me get answers to this question or advise any other way to track the Device Id down.

Thanks,

Prathima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Bill,

Please guide me how to check the last device user connected to on the SMP dtatabase. Atleast this will give us information on which device the last login was.

Thanks,

Prathima

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can look at the table agentry_cluster_user_audit in the SMP database.   It should be easy enough to add some triggers to track devices based on updates to this table as well.

--Bill

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

The link above gives the details of the device Id for native and hybrid applications that are running on the SMP server. we are using agentry based  Andriod applications. Please suggest me accordingly.

Thanks,

Prathima

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Perhaps add the Agentry tag to your question and Agentry expert can respond. Maybe or could help.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos

Sorry Kevin,  it was my mistake was in a hurry to put the question forward. I will need help from the agentry experts.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prathima,

Normally in Agentry design (older products), a user can design a query (ex: SQL) and during the query, you can use SDML (Agentry Syclo Data Mark Up Language) to pre-populate the query (during transmit) with the value of the deviceID.

Example: user.deviceID - This flunky (SDML) contains the deviceID of the client upon which the user is logged in. This value is device dependent and is set by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).

Data Type: String

Syntax: <<user.deviceID>>

Scope: Global - user

<<user.deviceID>> = WG-45f7d68f-849b-4a00-8247-6800e3ee1665

- In the older Agentry 6.0.X technology we host the value of the user and the device in the deviceinfo.ini or device.ini file.  Moving to SMP 3.0, the device ini is not used as it is user based than device base.

So to design an application wherein you use SQL as the sync - you can use the SDML to populate a value and you save it to a database for each use that syncs to determine what their deviceID is.

This is going to be a longer discussion on how to do this but I am just giving you the SDML format that can provide for your user that syncs, what deviceID he is using at that point of transmit.

Hopefully this is what you are asking for.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick reply,

As you have explained it clearly , we are looking for the Device id of the device that the user is using and when sync takes place  we need to track the deviceID he is using at that point of transmit. either in SAP or on the SMP server under the devices or anywhere in the log files on the server after the transmit. Please correct me if my approach is wrong and suggest me what can be done to achieve that.

Thanks,

Prathima

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prathima,

In SAP world, you can also use Agentry openUI to develop the application to display the data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/176b4870061014bd06a4210fff0274/content.htm

or

Ask for a feature request with your SAP Account Executive to modify the SMP 3.0 cockpit to include device ID.  In short, the developers of the SMP 3.0 platform needs to utilize either the openUI or SDML user.deviceID to expose this to the cockpit.  <-- This is if you do not want to either use the openUI above or SDML to be part of your app.

In theory, you can use the user.deviceID in the transmit part and you can try to expose that in your chosen backend connection.  I am not sure if anybody online (System Integrator) can share their experiences in exposing it.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try and work on them accordingly and will update the thread.

Thanks,

Prathima

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As mentioned, the device id is exposed and available for you to use in your application.  Depending on where you want to store it and subsequently do with it will determine your next step.  Certainly one option is to create a Ztable in SAP and as part of the login process simply store the information there.

The question really is what do you want to do with the data?   The device id is not something that the user can find or see on the device so it isn't like a serial number or something that a user could lookup on their device.

The SMP server also stores the last device id the user connected with in an internal table as well.  It is not exposed via the cockpit but if you have access to the SMP server database you can view the information.

--Bill

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The security team wants to track down the devices when they are in the Wi-fi vicinity in the warehouse when it connects to the network. As of now we only know which user is logging on the device connecting to the application, but we have no idea on which device the user is logging in to transmit the data. To achieve the device track we are trying to find a solution.

Thanks,

Prathima

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on this "The security team wants to track down the devices when they are in the Wi-fi vicinity in the warehouse when it connects to the network"?

I think you might be better served using an Open UI control to extract something like the device serial number or similar that you then pass to the SMP server to store somewhere for device tracking.  This would at least be something security could view / verify on the physical device.

--Bill