cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Office / Sales Group validity dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have to think that this situation has been encountered before, and we're simply not seeing what may be the obvious situation.

Let me first lay out our organizational structure.  We have approximately 34 Sales Offices set up, with a total of around 700 Sales Groups associated with those Sales Offices. Because of the amount of maintenance required to manage that many user roles, security is being done at the Sales Office level.

The problem is that commissions are being calculated for field representatives, and these reps may not get their Sales Orders entered in a timely manner (I know, shocking, right?). The issue is that customers may be moved from one Sales Group to another, or in some cases, to an entirely different Sales Office during the pay period. This results in a situation where, for example, a field rep sold product to a customer on 5/5/16, but didn't get the Sales Order entered until 5/15/16, and back-dated the order to 5/5/16.

What the field rep does not know is that, on 5/10/16, the customer was moved to a different Sales Group, and the commissions are calculated based on that Sales Group.  Since the Sales Office / Sales Group on the Customer Master does not have any validity dates associated with it, the Sales Order can only pull the current Sales Office / Sales Group from the Customer Master, and the commissions will possibly (or probably, in our example) be put into the wrong pool for the back-dated Sales Order.

How is this handled by others?  It seems to me that this must have been addressed by others in the past.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas

Steve

Business Analyst
Cooperative Resources International

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why cannot use partner function concept where you have your main customer( which is fixed with other address details) and having partner functions in use- you can change those ( for example:ship to) in customer master whenever your customer changes place from one place to another place.

Regards,

Biju K