cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Sales order item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have an issue during sales order creation where default item category is not the correct one as per cutomizing.

I have checked the item category determination customizing (VOV4) and there it is correctly defined.

(no usage or higher level item cat defined/needed)

There is also no copy from another document.

Based on material master item category group and order type defined there (same that i use in my case) ,i should get another default item category in SO. But it doesn't bring the correct category.

When i try to create manually a new SO again,it gets  the wrong item category again.

Is there another definition which overwrites this setting and therefore this defaults another item category in sales order?

Any other areas to check ?

Thanks in advance,

Sezin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for your valuable feedbacks.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to create sales order wrt to any document or independent?

if some reference is used then same need to be taken care in copy control or else thing look OK.

Just recheck the master data MM01- Sales org 2 Tab - Item category

and the control table in VOV4. If still issue persist then please share the screen shots of error + VOV4 + MM02 - Sales org 2 tab

Thanks.

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sezin,

the system will give first priority to customer material information record (VD51) so you will check in vd51 is there any item usage has maintained which was different from item category determination (VOV4)

please let me know if need any additional information....

regards,

rayudu.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sezin,

The first thing I'd check is are you looking at the right field for item category group in material master? Is only General item category group maintained (in Basic view) or is there a specific item category group in Sales org view?

The second thing I'd check would be customer material info to see if there is a specific usage assigned to this combination, but as you've said there is no usage customizing in VOV4 I'm skipping this part.

Did you check user exits? Program MV45AFZB, form  USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION is the right way to enhance standard system behaviour for item category determination.