cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulitple Normal Change in single Mainteance Project cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SOLMAN CHARM champs,

I might be asking a  question which everyone knew the answer but still I am not clear

Scenario:

I had created 2 RFC with normal change on each with Project Mainteane cyclec inDevelopement with Release,

Now my  RFC1 and its NC done with development, task is release and Transport of copied created done with UAT and ready for testing moved to Testing with Mainteance cycle Test phase.

Where the testing is going for RFC1 with cycle in Test phase and now the RFC2 done with Devlepoment and ready for the release but we cannot release the TR and perform the UAT funtionality since project cycle in test phase.

It delays may delivery how to handle this situation with Normal change.

Kindly can you help me to understand this stuff.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Ideally it follows the project strategy in which all the changes related to project moved to test system simultaneously and hence when you change the cycle Test phase it will make sense.

But in your case you are moving the cycle, where as you are moving the changes which are independent so general recommendation is to keep the status of your cycle in (development with release) for a week based on your organization transport movement cycle (weekly or biweekly) as in that phase also you can move your changes to test system and test the changes. Now you need to move the cycle to go live phase only when you have to do production system transport.This will ease your process.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for the response and recommendation.

This is common scenario across all customer one new implementation in same set systems example (ECC) and mainteance for bug fix and sapnotes how is getting handled and what is SAP suggesstion to its customer when we come across this situation?

Regards

John

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In my opinion/experience, recommendation varies from customer to customer and scenario basis and can't be straight forward.

Moreover whatever Rishav has suggested is only one applicable solution and we do have other alternative but depending upon the scenario and its usage along with applicability.

e.g. CENTRAL CTS is the new recommendation but unfortunately again it has technical limitations like we can't use it for very old R/3 etc systems etc

another issue is if you have 2 system landscape for one landscape and 3 system landscape for another then also Central CTS can't manage it today(later possible in 7.2)

But with central CTS DGP CSOL you get a very much flexible automated Change Management process than a simple transport tool offered by other vendors. also like I have shared below to your other thread, we do have status dependent import mechanism providing flexibility further.

Secondly you can also go for Central CTS based Quality Gate Management incase ChaRM process is too complex for your case

so as said already it is not a simple way of suggesting to use ABC.... but actually the application of right approach with correct implementation for any customer aligned to its Change process(not tool)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)