Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make To Order SD vs PP

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have make to order scenario to configure in SAP. I've been told that it is more easier for the user to have Make To order through SD.

In fact, by using adequate item category in Sales Order, we can trigger production order/planned order creation.

Could you please provide steps to configure this scenario (creation of planned order from sales order through item category) ?

And also, please advise about the difference between two scenarios :

* Item category VS MRP for sales order (md50)

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

I am newbie in SD and i'm finding it such complicated. I've done research in scn before posting.

Posts related to this subject are not very clear, and why using item category to trigger MTO process rather than MD50 is not explained in any post.

Thanks for help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being an old member of the SCN, you should be knowing SCN rules where it has been very clearly indicated that before posting, one should make some efforts to search.  From your post, it is very evident that you have not made any efforts to find out solution to your requirement.  Please avoid this practice and ensure that you adhere to SCN rules.  Most importantly, avoid asking step by step process which is definitely not encouraged in SCN

G. Lakshmipathi