Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine pool category for requirement Message no. PAMS145

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Currently I am customising PAM. I am getting below error message at the time of settlement of demand notification.

I need your help kindly suggest me.

Unable to determine pool category for requirement

Message no. PAMS145

Diagnosis

In Customizing for PAM, you define activity types for each pool category for each controlling area.

When settling a PAM requirement, the system calculates the service performed for the activity types defined for 'Rental price' and 'Price/unit.'

The pool category is determined using the equipment or message (in this order) for the requirement

The controlling area is determined from the equipment.

Unable to determine a pool category for the requirement.

System Response

The settlement of the requirement is terminated.

Procedure

Depending on the business process, store a pool category in the equipment or the message.

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Check if POOL type has been defined with the category that you have configured in PAM01 or PAM02.

Regards,

Amol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Thanks for Reply.

I have created PAM pool Car by transaction PAM01 with PAM category T(Functional Location) and installed vehicles under pool, in Customization I have created PAM categoy suppose 1 for Cars, and for this category I have assigned a activity type with controlling area in PAM->Define service type for pool category.

I want to calculate on kilometer basis,in Activity type I used KM as a unit and assigned fixed price 10rs. per KM.

Kindly correct me what i have done wrong.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

In addition to the config you have mentioned, you need to assign the relevant counter / measuring point to the vehicle master.

With that when you assign a requirement (Notification of Type MF) to the  vehicle, system will as current Odometer reading and when the vehicle is returned, it will again ask odometer reading.

based on these measurement point entry, system will calculate the cost (Provided that activity type is maintained and assigned).

Regards,

VINOD.V

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod.

I have already entered counter reading at the time of return and I am getting this error message settlement time.

Please look into this screen shot.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1) pool category will be found by,

• classification data of the demand OR
  • classification data of the object if not found with demand

In your case, something is missing there.

2) referring to first screenshot of config, try to maintain activity type & price for additional units. & also enter some data in units inclusive column 

Regards,

Amol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I have maintained activity type for cleaning, fuelling etc and what shall i maintain in unit inclusive.

Same issue still facing.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you can include any unit value there e.g. 100.

Have you maintained classification for your PAM application type FL?

1) Create a characteristics for your application type which has a value same as your pool category.

2) Once you create those characteristics, assign them to PAM Application in following maintenace view PAMS_MERK.

Please check.

Regards,

Amol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Please let me explain:

I have created a PAM class type name AAM and all the created characteristics assigned it in  Customisation as well as in equipment.

Please Look into this screenshot:

Dear Amol,

I did not get your point :

Have you maintained classification for your PAM application type FL?

Regards,

Ramesh

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts/Amol.

Kindly give your suggestion.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I think you need to define any of the characteristics for PAM type. Let me share my screenshot for your reference. Also, your characteristics should have Values based on check table PAMS_VHC.

Please try out changes as per the below screenshot.

Regards,

Amol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

As you suggested I tried to maintain the characteristics with table PAMS_VHC but i am getting the error message:

Field  in table PAMS_VHC has a different data format

Message no. C1096

Diagnosis

You want link the characteristic to field  in another table. However, this is only possible if field  has the same format in both tables. The field format in the two tables is different.
The format of field  in table PAMS_VHC is inconsistent with the format of characteristic .

Procedure

Delete your entries. Create a reference to a table field that has the same format as characteristic .

I have tried to change the characteristics but getting this error.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

PAM category field is in character ( 2 digit ) format. have you maintained the charactersitcs in the same format? Now you are getting error C1096 or PAMS145?

Regards,

AMol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Now I am getting error:

Unable to calculate the borrowing time of the requirement

Message no. PAMS167

Diagnosis

The activity type RENT relevant for the calculation of the downtime has unit KM with dimension LENGTH.

The activity type relevant for the calculation must have a unit that is assigned to dimension TIME.

System Response

The settlement of the current requirement is terminated.

Procedure

Adjust the Customizing Define Activity Types for Pool Categories accordingly.

I have created a Activity type name Rent and Rent1 and assigned to the cost center by KP26 for calculate Rental Price.

Kindly see the Screenshot:

Please let me know how to create Activity Type and assign Cost center if I am wrong.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

youy counter characteristics/Activity unit should be similar i believe.

Please check what unit you have in your counter & maintain the consistent unit for activity type as well.

For maintaining the rates for activity type WRT cost center is using KP26 Or you can directly maintain it through KL02. Make sure you are entering the rates for period 06 to 12 for fiscal year 2016.

Regards,

Amol

former_member197165
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I have maintained KM as a unit in Activity Type and Counter Characteristics.

yes I have maintained time period wrt cost center by KP26.

kindly see below screenshot:

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh

Did you find a solution?  I have the same issue.  My measurement point counter is in MI.  My RentalPr. rate is in H, I tried adding a PrAdd.Unit activity in MI but get the message PAMS167.  I also added and activity in AU for cleaning to Flat Rate1, but it doesn't show up in settlement.  I can settle to H with no problems, Just can not get the MI or cleaning to show up.

alan