Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with Project System - Partially placing an asset in service

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement  that client wants to do partial settlement to the WBS Element. We have one PO, one line item, a total amount accumulated to that WBS element. We want to capitalize just a certain amount out of that total.

For Example: if the PO cost is 2000 this is the total cost but the want to capitalize certain amount like 1000 to the WBS which is partial . Kindly help how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Thirupathi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In settlement rule, there is a field of entering amount to be settled against settlement receiver. Try to enter say- 1000 there & perform settlement. And also you can choose % option say 50%, which is equal to 1000.

If you are not getting amount field then check your settlement profile, that amount settlement option is selected there:

Thanks

Shishir

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thirupathi,

You cannot settled specified one PO cost to Asset, but in the settlement you can define % (percentage) of cost to be settled to one receiver (Asset).

I would request you to brief your business requirement of why you want to do settlement in this way ?

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirupathi,

Kindly elaborate a little about the issue..... as you say you want to capitalize certain cost which is booked to the WBS. so are you settling to AUC or Cost Centre.?

As the project is Capital Project all cost from WBS should settle. are you planning to settle that cost to somewhere else??

you have to maintain Settlement rule for both the cost

Regards,

Omkar Deshpande

y7me909
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi tirupathi,

Select the WBS then go to Edit/costs/settlement rule

it will take you to maintain settlement rule screen there you can see the settlement receiver and amount .

Enter your Rs 1000 so that when you run Cj88 it will carry only that cost.

Best regards,

Mahesh