Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Java GUI copy > paste

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

It is not possible to copy text from certain areas with Java GUI, for example, a help text, which opens when F1 is pressed. Is there any work-around?

Maris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On which platform? Copying from F1 help text works fine for me in the MacOS JavaGUI...

Sometimes (and F1 help text is an example of this) copying a region isn't easy because of the structure of the screen. You can sometimes only select a line at a time the usual way. Try using CMD-Y (on a Mac) or CTRL-Y to select a region. This should work most places in SAPgui.

Steve.

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

I use Mac OS with Java GUI. I cannot copy text from Performance assistant. Can you? Example, screen where neither cmd+c nor cmd+y then cmd+c helped me to copy that text to a text editor.

Maris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can copy from the Performance Assistant. No need to the CMD-Y trick, either. Which version/patch level of JavaGUI do you have? 7.40 pl8 has just come out. Try upgrading and see if that helps.

Steve.

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have OS X El Capitan and just installed the latest Java GUI 7.40 pl8. No change. Never worked for me.

Maris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wait, no, it doesn't work. You are right. I don't know what I was doing to make me think it was working, but it certainly isn't now. Sorry for the confusion.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Maris, Steve,

which Java version is JavaGUI running on (see about dialog) ?

Why I am asking:

From the Release Notes - Known Issues:

"The clipboard content in the context of inputfields in html forms and in the context outside the html control are not in sync. This has been reported to Oracle and in the meantime, a fix is available as part of Java 8 update 77 or newer."

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I had to install a new Java SDK version as simple RE version update didn't help.

Regards,

Maris

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Maris,

application bundles unfortunately can not use the system wide JRE.

This is why we write in the system requirements

"In case it is intended to run SAP GUI for Java also as stand alone application, the installation of the JDK is required."

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rolf-Martin. That fixes it for me too! Is this a recent problem, do you know? I'm *sure* I remember it working not that long ago...

Steve.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

The underlying problem in Java 8 has been with JavaGUI 7.40 from the very beginning and J8U77 finally fixed it.

Before, the clipboard of the JavaFX based "world" and the clipboard of the Swing based "world" have not been in sync. So copying from the html-control and later pasting somewhere in the html control might have worked like expected. But copying from the html-control and pasting somewhere else outside did not paste what you have just copied, but some old clipboard content.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)