cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send SFC to disposition Routing and call back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am facing the following scenario trying to model a rework process for a customer:

We have the product (SFC) being worked at one operation. If this SFC fails here, it is assigned a NC Code which means to send it to another process (another routing) in order to get reworked and then come back to the current routing and move ahead. Therefore, this NC will have a disposition routing assiged, which is the reworking process, so the SFC will go there, perform rework and go back. Here I have this issues:

1) The moment we assign the NC to the SFC is not the moment we can do Disposition, because the SFC is not able to leave the routing in this operation. It must move three operations ahead, where it will be a physicall output.

2) The SFC must go back to the operation where the SFC was marked as non-conformance.

Since we are using using API to develop this logic, my initial solution was log the NC at the correspondent operation and do Disposition in the output operation, so the SFC will be moved when it has to. The problem here is that SFC will return to this very last operation, not the operation where NC was logged.

I tried to run the Disposition webservice typing in the StepIdentifierID tag, the operation where NC was logged, but it somehow gets the current operation (output for the SFC) and put the SFC in queue for the next step. Besides, I cannot make returnStepID tag work in this API.

Other option I have is to choose the block for Return_to_any_previous at Disposition Routing, but it will put in queue at multiple and we will lose traceability.

Could you suggest any other alternative to this scenario? Might routing script provide more options here?

Best regards

Juan B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Have you tried disposition/Request/dispositionSelection/returnStepId and nextStepId tags with RETURN_TO_ANY_PREVIOUS disposition?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I have RETURN_TO_ANY_PREVIOUS as last step of my disposition routing, enabled as Completing Operator decision. Therefore in the API call I pass:

stepIdentifiers: The operation and resource where disposition is done, that is to say the Current Active SFC step. The NC was logged a few operations before.

dispositionSelection//

- RouterRef: The router where is assigned to be send the SFC which has that NC Code

- nextStepId and returnStepID: I am passing here in both of the tags the step number of the primary route where I want the SFC to be back. In my case it is the step where the NC was logged. For an alternative test, I also considered that nextStepID means the first step of disposition routing and returnStepID again is the step of current operation to get it back.

And to finish, sfcRef, ncs and ncCodeRef

The result I got is the following: if I perform completing in last operation of disposition routing, the API fails because of Data exception is missing and if I do through POD, it pops up the available previous operations to queue SFC in.

I was not able to input a working value for this two tags you mentioned.

From my understanding, if nextStepID it is referred to disposition operation, it is redudant because it will be placed in queue at the entry step. Anyway, I tried a few combinations and it is always throwing data exception error.

I hope I understood you correctly and this response provides more information.

Best regards.

Juan B.