cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Block for BP based on Name1 or Name2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are having a business scenario where SPL block should happen based on Name1 or Name2

currently block is occurring based on Name1 and Name2 since while performing SPL check for BP standard transaction is considering Name1 and Name2 concatenated together as Name

Example :

Case1

SPL Name      : "Martin Huber"

BP Name        :

Name1           : "Torsy Globalte"

Name2     : "Martin Huber"

SPL Block is not happening since system is taking Name as "Torsy Globalte Martin Huber" as % set at configuration is not satisfying

Case2:

SPL Name : "Martin Huber"

BP Name :

Name1 : 

Name2:  "Martin Huber"

SPL Block is occurring as BP and SPL are having same name

Current requirement is to Block BP even for case1 since Name2 is matching with SPL name. SPL block should occur  in every case where there is a match with either Name1 or Name2 or Name3 or entire Name

Please let me know your thoughts to achieve the business requirement

Regards,

Hansi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hansik,

I agree with Shrini, you can review your configuration and tweak it a bit to get a hit in this scenario. In your example, 2 search terms are matching. Now it depends on what base value are you considering to determine a HIT.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini/Vaibhav,

I agree your suggestion but when I change the configuration under Control Structure for Address Compression ->Detail Control -> Search term Origin for Name -> Relational Operator to A (Comparison Index Contained in Keyword from Address) from B(Comparison Index and Keyword  from Address are Identical )  

blocking the partner since it is taking full Name1 and Name2 are single word without space

but the problem here is we are facing many blocks with even single word matched in the entire string

example is :

BP Name :

Name1 : Low Pressure

Name2 : Technologies MMC

SPL Name : A & K Technologies MMC

here MMC is in exclusion list, & is delimiter

Only Technologies is matching and causing the block similarly many blocks are occurring with single word match

if the we change configuration to A this is working but facing block with single word match

% match set is 76 and Originating Feature is 55

Please let me know your suggestions on this

Regards,

Hansi

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hansik,

You have done the right setting with the relational operator. I would choose this setting only if I have a lot of names of the BPs populated in Name 1 and Name 2 field. Otherwise, I would leave it to be relational operator B setting.

There is another setting on top of the relational operator which you should check out to get around with the single terms and that's the base value. On the same screen where you have done the relational operator setting, look for the setting Display Base Value - "1- Number of terms in Each SPL list name and Partner Name". Please make sure you have this setting, it should take care of the single word hits.

Good luck!

-Shrini

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hansik,

Below link will helpful.

SPL NAME2 field removed form assign address che... | SCN

In your case,You dont want screen Name1 therefore,you can remove the name1 and continue screening.

Otherwise,You have to develop new program. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

BP has to get block if either Name1 or Name2 match with SPL data

Regards,

Hansi

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hansi,

It's logical that you are not getting a SPL hit Name 1(Torsy Globalte) and Name 2 (Martin Huber) have 4 terms in all when the system is trying to match with the SPL. Your hit rate calculation reduces to half when you have 4 terms against 2 SPL terms.

The same doesn't happen when your Name 2 (Martin Huber) as both the terms match with the SPL. You should look at your SPL hit percentages to get your arms around the scenario. I would also look at the Display base value field setting more closely by evaluating more BP names before flipping the setting.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini