cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the older versions of SAP Fiori apps available in SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our current ECC environment is SPS 20/EHP5 SPS 7.0. From the Fiori catalog, I understand that by filtering on back-end product we have a total of 99 Fiori apps that are accessible in our environment.

I was looking at the apps available with ERP 6.0 min. EHP7 and it shows a total of 159 apps that are available. Of the 159 apps, 20 apps from the lower version are found common in this version and the remaining 139 are new that you get if you upgrade to this environment.

My question are the all the Fiori apps from ERP 6.0 (lower version) available in the higher EHP packs 7.0 alongwith the new apps available exclusively in EHP7?

Example: Create Sales Order app is present in ERP 6.0 but does not show in the list of apps when you check ERP 6.0 min EHP7. Can someone please confirm if all apps from the lower versions are available in the new EHP's?

Thanks,

L Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lailu,

Take a look at the installation section of the Implementation Information tab.

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F0018')

It gives required SP level for each EhP.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Thank you for the prompt response!

I did read everything that is available in the SAP Fiori catalog including the installation section mentioned by you.However, this is bit of a challenge as I need to do this for every app and there is no excel/ list version available which tells me I get so and so of the older versions and this delta and new in the higher versions.

I actually made an excel spreadsheet to get the numbers and collect data points on why we should upgrade to EHP7. During this effort and plotting trendline, I couldn't figure out if the older version apps are all available in higher versions.

Can you give me some idea on how I can get this information or if you know I get access to all apps of the older versions when I upgrade to higher versions?

Thanks,

L Philip

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lailu,

No need for Excel! There's some excellent tools provided in the Fiori Apps library itself... I find a lot of customers and partners have yet to notice they are there... however they are worth knowing because they are really helpful as a first pass to work out what apps are possible/likely for your environment.

They really help you focus on what you can take advantage of today from a technical perspective.  

I would caution that it is still really important to approach user experience from a PEOPLE viewpoint - not a technology viewpoint. That is - don't just install Fiori apps because they might fit or might be useful.  Work out; HOW do we want to improve people's live and WHY (i.e. the business impact... i.e.how that helps us as a business).  Then select the available apps that fit with that vision.  Otherwise you can waste a lot of time and resources implementing apps that have minimal business impact and that helps no-one.

To get the tools ... on the home page of the Fiori Apps Library you will find a link to Sign In (look int he top right hand corner) so that you can use the Fiori Relevance and Readiness analysis - more info here.  https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/docu/Relevance_and_Readiness_Docum... This lets you run an analysis across all Fiori apps matching them to your environment and clarifying which ones you can use now/later depending on your landscape, modules, etc. 

It includes information such as previous app versions.

You can even run it in sample mode to get the idea of what it brings you.

If you are planning to transition to a new landscape you can also create a profile for your new landscape and run the readiness analysis against that.

Once you have decided which apps you want to use you can also use the Maintenance Planner links - also on the Fiori apps library home page - to clarify exactly what modules, support packs, etc. you need to install the selected app.

Now of course you do still need to read the details of the app you want to take on ... such as which role is the intended audience, and what configuration is required.

Good luck!

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jocelyn for this information! This is really helpful I will definitely try this. I am trying to get numbers to see what delta and older apps I get if I upgrade from my existing ECC version to EHP7.

I am not sure if my question is clear. The only doubt I have is is it safe to assume that all apps from lower versions (ERP 6.0 EHP6 and below) are available in version EHP7 and above?

Please advise.

Thanks,

L Philip