cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori and ESS/MSS

Michael_Chohrac
Participant
0 Kudos

We are just starting to look at the requirements for going to Fiori. One question that we have is related to ESS/MSS. We have a very old version of ESS/MSS sitting on Enterprise Portal 6. Will it be necessary to upgrade our ESS (and/or EP) before we can use Fiori for HCM functions?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182874
Active Contributor

HI Michael

ESS/MSS is not recommended. Your fiori app will communcate with your backend transactions and gateway layer. There is not EP in between.

say : leave request. PTARQ, Timesheets : CATS need to be configured.

http://scn.sap.com/community/fiori/blog/2015/07/20/fiori-hcm-apps-precheck

Regards,

Tejas

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It depends. You need to go to Fiori Apps Library and view details each app that is of your interest here.

You can see what are the backend prerequisites for each of the app and need to make decision.

You need to go to,

Implementation Information -> Backend Components -> Prerequisites for installation.

For example, "My Leave Request" requires your backend to be at one of these or above.

EHP2 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 05 (02/2009) or

EHP3 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 04 (02/2009) or

EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 02 (02/2009) or

EHP5 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 01 (06/2010) or

EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 01 (11/2011) or

EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 01 (08/2013) or

SAP ERP 6.0 - SPS 15 (02/2009)

Regards

Krishna

Michael_Chohrac
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna but my concern is more about the Enterprise Portal itself and the ESS/MSS functionality within the portal. I understand that the backend ECC system needs to be at a certain level. But in order to use Fiori, do we also need to upgrade the enterprise portal itself (as well as ESS/MSS within it)? Or we would no longer need to use the portal to access ESS/MSS if we move to Fiori?

Thanks,

Michael