cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface with external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The query i am posting is very naive and mite seem vague to you but I am doing it for a sure shot methodological approach. My client have an vendor system that they want to interface. All the information I have is

1> I will get the XML schema frm the guys of that company.

2> XI is installed in my company.

Can you tell me wat all things i need to configure and how can i go about achieving this?

thanks and please advise me,

Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

you will have to provide more details like who is your sender, who is your receiver etc....

i would recommend that you go through the SAP help documentation and follow the pipeline steps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

You will have to perform the basic steps to get your thing (XSD) into XI.

1. In the Integration Builder - Integration Repository; You take your XSD provided by the vendor and create an interface out of it. This depends whether your vendor is sending (Outbound Interface) or receiving (Inbound Interface) the data.

2. Then add this interface to your service in the configuration (Integration Directory).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>1 I will get the XML schema frm the guys of that company.

u can import the XML schema as an external definition and use this as a sender data type,u dont have to create any data type for sender as XSD can be used in place of datatype.

now who is ur receiver?is it a R/3 system or a File System or some other system?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Can you plz provide more details abt your integration, you have mentioned that one is a vendor system(consider it a source system) what about the other system?

What type of data they are expecting from XI? wht is their file format?

1> I will get the XML schema frm the guys of that company.

you can import that XSD into ur repository and proceed further like, if ur integrating with R/3 using IDOC/RFC.

regards