cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Execute Read Step for Manually Created Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a collection of custom objects under the main object.  This collection is loaded using local add transactions (based on user selections) and does not get loaded with a fetch.  There is a Read Step on each of these objects that calls a FileDocumentManagementStep to transfer a file through SMP.  How can I execute the Read Steps since I am not executing a fetch to load the collection?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read steps are only called when the object is filled in a fetch, or when a transaction replaceces the object.

Are you trying to upload a file to SMP or bring down a file?
If you are trying to upload a file, in the action that calls the transmit create an action that loops over the collection and creates a post-transaction that uploads the file to the server.

If you are downloading the file, file, you can loop over the collection and create an action that on the update step has the status Replace Client Object, and return the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to download the file.  Could you expand upon how to return the file after doing a Replace Client Object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I have it set up correctly now.  However,  I am getting the error below.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Error reading external from '' : Broken pipe

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chris,

As you know, you opened an incident on this and I have looked into it for you. As I replied in the incident, this functionality isn't intended and so won't work as you have it set up. A transaction with an External Data property needs a screen set associated and an action which causes the user to be prompted to choose the file for the External Data property. Without a way for the user to choose the file, the property will not get initialized properly.

It's possible there is a way to automate file transfer as you desire using OpenUI entirely but support is not familiar with it. Hopefully someone here on the SCN has some experience. If not, it would be good to contact our consulting services team to see if they can offer assistance for your needs.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Product Support