SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Capacity Planning (Upper Limit behaviour- Clarification)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I just need some clarification on the Collections Capacity Upper Limit.

While Unit Testing, we placed an Upper Limit for a given Dunning Activity of 5.

We then Dunned 15 Accounts that all triggered the above Dunning Activity.

We were expecting 10 accounts to have their Dunning automatically reversed. Instead, 11 accounts had their Dunning Auto-reversed.

It appears that the Collections Dunning run looks at the Upper Limit value and excludes any Dunning from the value 5 and  higher (i.e. inclusive of the 5th Dunning Activity).

If someone could please clarify for me that this is "As Expected" capping behaviour, then we'll pass the test.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ivor:

You are correct - the logic effectively does as you describe.  Help describes the limit as functioning as a from this point, which is interpreted as a greater than or equal to expression.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ivor:

You are correct - the logic effectively does as you describe.  Help describes the limit as functioning as a from this point, which is interpreted as a greater than or equal to expression.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Completely agree with Bill's Comments.

If you are setting the upper limit with the release procedure, then during the execution of the Dunning run, Standard SAP functionality reverses all the dunning notices which are more than the upper limit inclusive of the upper limit.

F1 help and Standard SAP help documentation doesn't mentions this fact clearly.

Thanks,

Amlan

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill and Amlan.

This will put the clients mind at rest.

Thanks and regards,

Ivor