Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registering PI components in central SLD

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PI 7.11. I'm trying to re-register the PI components to the central SLD.When I ran the PI SLD Self Registration (this step never asked for the SLD system details), only the Integration Server is registered along with the business system (INTEGRATION_SERVER_,SID>) in the central SLD. The rest of the PI components are registered in the local SLD. I have restarted the XPI Service: AII Config Service several times and also restarted the directory, repository and rwb applications several times with no luck.

Can you please let me know, how can I configure the PI to point to central SLD? Will that be only in Exchange Profile? I have seen lots of notes and discussions, but couldn't figure out the exact issue.

Appreciate your responses.

Best Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai-

Go to your local SLD:

http://<host>:<port>/sld

(default port is 50000)

logon and go to:

Administration > Synchronization

Here you can enter your central sld  host and decide what type of sync's you would like to do (single or bi). Please refer to the SAP Best Practice of 'One Truth' for advice on how to set up your central landscape sld's. Documentation should be available in the marketplace.

Thanks,

Tony

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Our PI production is the central sld and it feeds all the data to the solman sld. So, all the systems are configured with the PI production SLD. The Dev PI is also configured with the central sld (PI PROD); the SLDAPICUST is referring to the central SLD and when I run the SLDCHECK it's pointing to the central sld. But, when I run the PI SLD Self Registration except the Business System and the Integration Server, the rest are all systems (Adapter Engine, Integration Engine, RWB, Domain) are being registered in the local sld. What else should I check to point these to the central sld?

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai -

I assumed you were using Solution Manager as your Central SLD, my bad. The other participants in this forum seem to have you on the right track. As a last morsel of helpful advice, please see these links:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a1a8fb-0527-2a10-f781-8b67eab16...

Good luck!

Thanks,

Tony

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

The main reason for the PI components not registered in the SLD is to do with the Exchange Profile. Even if the SLDAPICUST, SLD_DataSupplier are point to the central SLD, the Exchange Profile is still configured with the local SLD details. So, if you want to switch the PI components with the central SLD you have to configure the Exchange Profile properly. Hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you just reply to your own post with 'Correct Answer'? Did you award yourself points too? LOL.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

I replied to your post and marked it as correct answer so that people watching this thread can understand the solution. One can't reward themselves and get points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Central SLD details should be configured in SLDAPICUST transaction. it should be saved as primary SLD.

SLDCHECK tx should automatically open your Central SLD. if this opens correctly, you can work on other errors based on the error messages you get.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, SLDAPICUST is pointing to the central SLD. But when I run the PI SLD Self Registration, except the Business System and the Integration Server, the rest are all systems (Adapter Engine, Integration Engine, RWB, Domain) are being registered in the local sld. How can I register these PI components to the central sld?

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please read first this site:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/c6/0346eaf1be4894b9041336fe60ca32/content.htm

Here you can read about the configurations that you need to do for the central SLD.

I think there are still some steps that you missed for the central SLD configuration.

If even the Domain is showed in the local is not a problem, the question is that is it in the central SLD or not because after the configurations the domain and all of the other technical systems won't disappear from the local SLD until you delete them. Also it is not problem that it exist in both SLD at the same time, the PI will use that it is configured to use.

So please check the site first then check that every settings in the Exchange Profile are correct.

After under the RZ70 transaction code check where is the SLD registered, it should point to the Central SLD.

Also check the that the following Destinations are pointing to the Central SLD or not.

• SLD_Client
  • SLD_DataSupplier

After you checked all of the settings you have to restart the system.

When the restart finished check the Central SLD that it has the centralized system's technical systems.

At least the domain has to be there if the settings are correct.

If you see the domain in the central sld but not all technical systems like RWB, ESR, IB then that means the centralizing are working now, but you need some manual correction.

For that please check the following note:

1117249 - Incomplete Registration of PI components in SLD

Regards,

Balázs Barna