cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Desktop using table with expand/collapse features (treetable-like)

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I am having trouble finding the option to set a table with hierarchy-data with collapsable/expandable rows with the latest Lumira Desktop version of 1.30.0. With my colleague's Lumira (version of 1.25), the collapsable feature appeared automatically when entering the visualize mode (using the same view). With my updated version of Lumira 1.30, I did not find this setting anywhere - where did this feature go?

To illustrate the point - my view is as on the following image, which is set to visualize until level 02 (with the added drawings of the wished collapse boxes):

Do you guys know how to achieve this hierarchical drill with Lumira 1.30?

Any help is appreciated  ,

Mario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

As far as 1.30 is concerned, we do not have have an expand or collapse feature. Once the hierarchy is created and used as dimension in the crosstab, we can navigate to different levels using the settings as follows.

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the answers .

Tammy: In both versions of Lumira, we used the same view, which already had the hierarchies (see picture, only with the difference, that the old version visualised the hierarchy as expandable/collapsable table, while the newest version of 1.30 fails to do so).

In version 1.30 - you can see, that I have the hierarchy with a 5-level depth.

Varun: So this feature is missing from the current version? What a pity. I am aware, that I can change the depth of the visualized hierarchy of the dimension, but this seems as a static fix. The real use-case is that the user of the report needs to see the data in full depth, but as there are lots of data rows (and sub-levels), the user wants to expand/collapse some of the nodes (the fully expanded hierarchy would bring in a lot of data-noise and therefore alters the table unusable). So do you know, whether there is an option to change the visualized level (depth) of the hierarchy in the latter view mode (if not - is there maybe some kind of a plugin for that - e.g. a treetable component of some sort)?

Thank you Tammy and Varun ,

Mario

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Appendix:

here's the screenshot using the same view, with Lumira 1.25:

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario - looking at the screen shots, you are using a Simple Finance query? 

You are right about the navigation in the screen shots.

Since 1.25 SAP has introduced the BEx query connector (which I assume you are using) and the new cross tab.

It looks like the ideas have been suggested in Idea Place - see SAP Lumira Pivot Table Enhancements : View Idea and Fold/unfold Crosstab with or without Hierarchy : View Idea

I recommend voting in Idea Place for the ideas.

What is interesting to me is we have the same exact report you are showing, except we use Crystal Reports to show it in a "pixel perfect" format.  I wouldn't have thought to use that same report in Lumira. Thank you for sharing.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I started using Lumira since 1.27 and never saw this option since then. But it would be a great idea to include it as we can be flexible on the space with the collapsible hierarchy.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario - in 1.25, was there a hierarchy created?

Right click -> create custom hierachy - see image below