cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAM for PowerDesigner 16.5

0 Kudos

I'm looking for a PAM for PowerDesigner 16.5 in order to determine SQL Server version compatibility. There isn't one available through the SAP Support Portal. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

-Kyle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arnaud_laurent
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please visit Product Availability Matrix | SAP Support Portal

and click SYBASE POWERDESIGNER 16.5.

FYI, PD 16.5 is provided with resource files for SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012.
Support of Column Store Index support has been introduced in PD 16.5 SP03.

SQL Server 2014 is supported in PD 16.5 SP04.

HTH,
Arnaud

0 Kudos

Thanks, Arnaud-

If you dig into the PAM area of the support portal for PD 16.5 (your link) you won't find an actual PAM nor any mention of SQL Server compatibility.

Where would I find the resource files for SQL Server that you mentioned?

Thanks-

Kyle

arnaud_laurent
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

These information are not described in the PAM.

In case of an existing installation, start creating a PDM and expand the list of available DBMS.

The resource files are stored in

Also see the New Features Summary in the documentation:

HTH,

Arnaud

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Let me clarify...

I'm looking for a PAM or similar information to determine what versions of SQL Server are supported for the installation of the PowerDesigner Repository Database....specifically for PowerDesigner 16.5.

I'm not finding that information here:

Does it exist somewhere?

I'm not interested in what versions of SQL Server that PowerDesigner can interact with from a modeling and reverse engineering standpoint.

Thanks-

Kyle

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the link I gave you to the documentation, and access the Installation Guide, which contains the following:

Create a database (see Creating a Database to Contain the Repository and a service to run the database (see Running the Database as a Service) using one of the supported DBMSs:

• SAP® SQL Anywhere® v11.x, 12.x, v16 (bundled with PowerDesigner, see Installing and Authenticating SQL Anywhere), 16.x
  • SAP® Adaptive Server® Enterprise v15.x, 16.x
  • SAP HANA® v1.0
  • Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
  • IBM DB2 LUW v9.x, 10.x, DB2 os/390 9.x, 10.x
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 - we recommend that you use a server that is not currently managing a high transaction load, since PowerDesigner performs long-running synchronous transactions during Check-In/Check-Out.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos

Thanks George & Arnaud! I think that's the most detail that's available ....thanks!

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see all PowerDesigner documentation online - SAP PowerDesigner 16.6 – SAP Help Portal Page.  Scroll down to the Data Modelling Guide for your chosen language and click on the link. There isn't a simple table of supported versions but you can find detailed information for each supported DBMS, in the topic "DBMS Definition Reference".

PowerDesigner 16.6 currently supports the following versions of SQL Server - 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, SQL Server 7 and 200 support has been deprecated, but is still available.