cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Userexit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can any one pls tell me wat is userexit, i know that ther are some user exit, but how to know which userexit to use at particular time.

Pls also send me some documentation on userexit

my email id is jyothi2003@gmail.com

Regards

Annie jyothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jyothi,

What is User Exit ?

You can use User Exits to adapt the SAP System to your company's specific requirements. They do not involve modifications to the original coding; instead, they consist of a separate area that is defined by SAP and shipped with the standard system either empty or with default values. You can individually configure and activate these system extensions. By enhancing the SAP software via user exits, we avoid modifications in the traditional sense.

A further advantage of user exits is that programs developed with user exits remain unchanged during upgrades to the SAP software.

User exits are not affected by SSCR, because the customer-specific parts of the user exits are implemented in the customer name range.

Categories of User Exits

Three types of user exits exist:

• Function exits. Function exits are function modules that have been defined by SAP and that you can activate. The application developers determine which data is passed on and define the function groups and function modules in the function library (with short text and interface, but without coding).

• Menu exits. Menu exits can be used to activate menu items and furnish them with additional functionality.

• Screen exits. Screen exits enable you to add additional fields to a screen.

The field exits are managed,created,activated through program RSMODPRF. The field exit is associated with a data element existing in ABAP dictionary and hence to the screen field using that data element.

The format of field exit is :

FIELD_EXIT_dataelement_A-Z or 0-9

If a particular screen and program name is not specified than the field exit will effect all the screens containing that data element.

The function module associated

INPUT and OUTPUT. Input parameter contains the data passed to the field exit when the field exit was invoked by the R/3 , We can write our own code to change the output parameter depending upon our requirements.

User Exits for Partner Determination

Partner determination contains the following user exits for your use:

• EXIT_SAPLV09A_001

You can use this user exit to control whether an address that was entered manually and has already been used in other documents (referenced), should be referenced again if it changes or whether a new address shold be created (duplicated).

• EXIT_SAPLV09A_002

Call up this user exit if a customer has not been maintained in the current sales area.

• EXIT_SAPLV09A_003

Use this user exit to control the origin of partners in the partner determination procedure (origin X, Y or Z). If X, Y, or Z has been entered in the Origin field, this user exit is automatically called up during partner determination.

• EXIT_SAPLV09A_004

Use this user exit to integrate your own check in a program, that runs before the partner is saved in the document.

User Exits For Credit Checks And Risk Management

• LVKMPTZZ

• LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1

• LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2

• LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3

User Exits In Sales Document Processing

This IMG step describes additional installation-specific processing in sales document processing. In particular, the required INCLUDES and user exits are described.

Involved program components

System modifications for sales document processing affect different areas. Depending on the modification, you make the changes in the program components provided:

• MV45ATZZ

For entering metadata for sales document processing. User-specific metadata must start with "ZZ".

• MV45AOZZ

For entering additional installation-specific modules for sales document processing which are called up by the screen and run under PBO (Process Before Output) prior to output of the screen. The modules must start with "ZZ".

• MV45AIZZ

For entering additional installation-specific modules for sales document processing. These are called up by the screen and run under PAI (Process After Input) after data input (for example, data validation). The modules must start with "ZZ".

• MV45AFZZ and MV45EFZ1

For entering installation-specific FORM routines and for using user exits, which may be required and can be used if necessary. These program components are called up by the modules in MV45AOZZ or MV45AIZZ.

Reward points if helpful

Thanks & Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Sent mail sme notes on USer exits. Hope this will he helpful to you.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jyothi& srinkanth

Check u r mails ,,,,,,,

With regards

Rajehs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

can you forward that to me too.

My Email ID is asap.pavan@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check u r mail pavan

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jyothi,

User exits :

1. Introduction

2. How to find user exits

3. Using Project management of SAP Enhancements

1. Introduction:

User exits (Function module exits) are exits developed by SAP. The exit is implementerd as a call to a functionmodule. The code for the function module is writeen by the developer. You are not writing the code directly in the function module, but in the include that is implemented in the function module.

The naming standard of function modules for functionmodule exits is:

EXIT_<program name><3 digit suffix>

The call to a functionmodule exit is implemented as:

CALL CUSTOMER.-FUNCTION ❤️ digit suffix>

Example:

The program for transaction VA01 Create salesorder is SAPMV45A

If you search for CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION i program

SAPMV45A you will find ( Among other user exits):

CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '003'

exporting

xvbak = vbak

xvbuk = vbuk

xkomk = tkomk

importing

lvf_subrc = lvf_subrc

tables

xvbfa = xvbfa

xvbap = xvbap

xvbup = xvbup.

The exit calls function module EXIT_SAPMV45A_003

2. How to find user exits?

Display the program where you are searching for and exit and search for CALL CUSTOMER-EXIT

If you know the Exit name, go to transaction CMOD.

Choose menu Utillities->SAP Enhancements. Enter the exit name and press enter.

You will now come to a screen that shows the function module exits for the exit.

3. Using Project management of SAP Enhancements, we want to create a project to enahance trasnaction VA01 .

- Go to transaction CMOD

- Create a project called ZVA01

- Choose the Enhancement assign radio button and press the Change button

In the first column enter V45A0002 Predefine sold-to party in sales document.

Note that an enhancement can only be used in 1 project. If the enhancement is already in use, and error message will be displayed

Press Save

Press Components. You can now see that enhancement uses user exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_002. Double click on the exit.

Now the function module is displayed. Double click on include ZXVVAU04 in the function module

Insert the following code into the include: E_KUNNR = '2155'.

Activate the include program. Go back to CMOD and activate the project.

Goto transaction VA01 and craete a salesorder.

Note that Sold-to-party now automatically is "2155"

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sadhu.

its really good.. but give me 2 more examples for user exits...

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sd guru's,

i need some help reg. this user exits.

it would be helpful to me.if u forward to my email id too.

sapsdsrikanth@gmail.com

Thanks&regards,

srikanth..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pavan / Srikanth,

Sent mail.

Regards

Srini