Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview Installation Failure

krishnannarayanan_nampoot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I downloaded the Sneal Preview for WAS 6.40 from SDN.

The machine i used is P4 with 1 gb RAM and has WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise

Editon.

The Installation goes smooth until Phase 16.

<b>After it goes to Create Database Scheme Step it does not end that step</b>. I left it running for 2 days. Trace shows no error or warning in Log.

Anyone knws wat to do.

Has Anyone installed the Sneak Preview.If so pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Your installation may be struck due to shortage of space in installation drive.

Your installation drive should have minimum of 9GB space for complete installation.

2.Check for the pre-requisites.

JAVA_HOME AND PATH should be set in environment variable section.

3.deleted old MAXDB,if existing through control panel.

4.restart the server and then continue with the installation.

reward points if helpful...........

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx all for u r suggestions.

I tried all.

Still some prob. I deleted maxDB and set path,,everything and it has 13GB Space in drive it is being installed to.

Anyways i'll try downloadin all over again and fresh installation on a new OS install.

Thnx all for suggesyions and will prove useful .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

You delete all the services corresponding to MAXDB and SAP instances by deleting the registry entries from HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG->system->CurrentControlSet->Services , before installing your SAP System again.

Also you can run some of the registry cleanup tool also (This can be downloaded from Net free)

Thanks and regrds,

Shiju

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

please show me (or attach) the output of MaxDB's knldiag file in case the setup hangs for a long time (like you wrote in your very first answer). It seems likely that the Log is full at that time.

The interesting part of the knldiag file should be the last couple of lines before the 'current' line.

Kind regards,

Roland

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your MaxDB instance log files, i.e. knldiag and or knldiag.err. I suspect your database may either be down or its log full.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

Was there any SAP system or MAXDB installed in your PC before ? If yes then the services and the registries needs to be clean up before you start a new installation.

Check whether any MAXDB related services running or not ? and also check if there any registry entrieas specific to SAP Is still exists ?

If this is a new installation then can be a problem with the DB ports, so try checking whether any port that mentioned in the installation guide from SAP (this you can access by executing the start.bat in side the sneak preview folder) is already occupied ?

All the bests

Shiju

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Java .WAS Sneak preview for Java.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it still running or did you stop the installtaion.

just stop it and restart the installation, when it prompts for continue old or new, use continue old and re run it . see whether this helps.

Raja

Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi there,

nice to knw that its gettin installed but can u help me with some kinda detailed steps wat u followed.

I simply followed default instances and also used JDK1.4.2_09 and JCE also in place. Wat goes wrong in create DB schema step is i can't figure out as installtion shows no error and keeps running for 2 omplete days. Still no error and running.

Please help with some detailed steps.

Lukin forward.

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again

I'm not sure what you mean JCE? The installation guide mentions nothing about this.

My installation was special because I installed the JAVA testdrive on top of an ABAP testdrive, so you can't use that.

In an other thred I found this bizar suggestion:

You can check your window's time zone. Make sure it has automatic daylight saving checked. if it is already checked, try to change it to Berlin time zone and swicth backt o your original time zone once it is up and running.

Good luck

Thomas

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I downloaded the Sneal Preview for WAS 6.40 from SDN

which one java or ABAP ?

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed on hardware like yours in less than 2 hours.

best regards

Thomas