Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Views on System Tables / Views

fralarsen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to define custom Views of the system tables / views (eg: USERS) ?

I'm trying to define one in .hddb file but unable to.

Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naresh,

you may do that via a graphical calculation view as long as you have access to read that table. I do not think you can do that via a hdbdd file.

what exactly do you need to know about a user?

fralarsen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your response. I'm new to HANA and have been struggling a lot to get my task accomplished. I'm in a project to integrate HANA to an Identity Management tool. for this, I need to extract Users, Roles and Role assignments. Not sure what would be the perfect approach to accomplish this as I have seen no examples which used the standard system tables.

I thought of generating a View out of these system tables and then expose the view as OData which would be consumed by the IDM tool. I also need to do CRUD operations and think of writing hdbprocedure and call this exit procedure for performing modifications using Access Control Statements.  Is this do-able ?

I feel so confused with these new concepts. It would be really helpful, if you can suggest me any best approach to accomplish my task.

Regards,

Naresh