SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Budget tables for report writer/report painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using former budgeting and are not able to locate standard report writer or painter reports for the budget.

We need to be able to create a report that lists for the selected fund, fund center the following

Commitment Item, Budget (payment), actual for the period selected, YTD actual, remaining budget (formula)

There is a form in the system which I believe is used for drill down reporting but the report is not in the correct format.  We need the ability to create sets for various versions of the report.  However, we are not able to determine the name of the table for that form.

Your expert assistance in this would be appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Former budget figures are stored in BP* tables. But, why cannot you use standard FM reports?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.  I want to create reports that use cost element groups for the hierarchy as there are reports that we need to submit in a certain format (grouping).  I can do that easily with cost element groups.

I also need to have

Budget - MTD actual - YTD actual and then budget balance.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cost element groups in PSM budgetary reports? I'm afraid you are mixing two domains.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might be mixing domains if PSM tables are not available to report writer/painter where I was trying to create the reports.  Is there a way to create a different hierarchy with drill down reports?  Not my specialty unfortunately.  If there is too much to explain, I understand.  I thought it would be simple to find the tables from funds management to access in report writer/painter.  Perhaps not.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PSM tables are available for Report Writer, but cost elements are not objects within PSM-FM. I'm not sure what you mean by 'different hierarchy'. Regarding the tables of Former Budgeting, I already answered: BP* tables. The full list can be found in this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two of the tables in the thread do have the detail but the commitment item is an internal commitment number.  I think I'm looking for a summary totals table with actuals and budget(former).

Drill down reporting has the following hierarchy/structure (see attachment-drill down example)

But I want to redefine the grouping of GL/commitment accounts like the following which I have done with Internal Orders.  I have entered plan data to match budget and through cost element groups I’m able to define how to group GL/commitment accounts into grouping to report the way I need.  I wanted to do this in report writer, but need the table names for the summary information or alternatively, know how to group drill down report above with my own categories and GL/commitment accounts.  (see second attachment - Internal order)

Perhaps that will communicate my problem better.  Thank you again

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Barbara,

The tables for FM former budgeting are listed in the previous answer. I emphasize once more, that cost elements, internal order, etc. are not part of PSM-FM domain and combining data from two different worlds - CO and FM - is unavailable, especially via a simple Report Writer.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli:

Thank you for your continued responses to my many questions.  You pointed me in the right direction.  I was forgetting about commitment items since we assign a 1-1 relationship between GL account and commitment.

I did find that I was looking to create an alternate commitment hierarchy to use in the drill down reports that we have working against our FM budget and actual data.  It took many tries and help from a colleague to discover how to create and add my own commitment control items to the variant hierarchy I had created.

It works wonderfully.  Sorry I couldn't communicate more clearly to you what I was needing to do.

Again thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction....separation of FM and FI