cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI - send exception to multiple channels

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

We have read the 'Developer's Guide: Managing Integration Content', page 187 : Defining Exception Subprocess.

• You cannot enable exception subprocess for integration flow scenarios containing the timer element.
  • You cannot configure the following integration flow elements within an exception subprocess:

○ Splitter

○ Router

○ Multicast

○ Join

○ Gather

And further had a look at following blogs :

Problem :

1. In our flow, we wish to save the errors in a log file on our SMTP server and send an error message via mail.
  2. According to the developers guide, as mentioned, you can not use an exception subprocess with a timer event?

Options tried :

Multiple exception blocks, connected to SFTP / MAIL.

Multiple start events in one exception block, connected to SFTP / MAIL.

Parallel Multicast - End Message won't connect to Parallel Multicast (or Gateway)  event.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks !

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Maybe it's just not possible as of the current HCI functionality.

As a workaround, you can possibly consider using a two IFlow approach:-

- send the error to an intermediate SFTP folder, then use a second IFlow to pickup from that folder and send to both SFTP (final folder) and Mail

- use a SOAP loopback approach, send the error using SOAP channel to a second IFlow which has a SOAP sender channel. Similar to above, second IFlow will deliver to final SFTP destination and Mail

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

thanks for the input. I thought of the same approach too, but considered it a bit farfetched.

• Another thing perhaps is to call a script in the exception subprocess to send the e-mail. Have to check whether this is possible or not.

I was hoping for a more standard approach, as all functionality is already there but if the pieces won't fit we have no other choice.

What also makes me wonder is :

• You cannot enable exception subprocess for integration flow scenarios containing the timer element.

Whenever an error occurred in a scheduled flow (with timer event), a file was logged, although the statement tells otherwise.

In the meantime I created a customer message regarding this subject.

Thanks again & best regards,

Kevin

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

You can send the error to Mail( SMTP ) and as a file (SFTP ) inside the exception Sub process using Send Step [ Select the Service Call from palette and right click on the shape then select Send ].I have tested with Time Event and it worked for me.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicely done Sriprasad!

I've never used a Send Step before and from the description, it looks like exactly the thing that will fit this requirement!

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriprasad,

smart thinking, great ! I haven't thought of that approach.

• When logging the SFTP file, I have a content modifier implemented (see )

• When sending the e-mail, I used a script (see )

I inserted a content modifier for the SFTP file and added a script for the e-mail, I tried your suggestion in two versions :

• With parallel processing : the error message returned is 'Exception Subprocess should start with an Error Start Event and end with either End Message or Error End.

• With serial processing - this seems to be ok. Note : the blog for sending the e-mail mentions that an 'others' -> 'sender' element has to be added, but the 'send' service call doesn't like that and wants a receiver element instead, so I switched to that.

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

The only drawback I see with a 'serial' approach is that when the first step (SFTP) fails, the sending of the e-mail also fails and no mail is sent? 'Parallel' processing in the Exception Subprocess would be a better choice, but I don't think that's possible (see my test earlier).

What is your opinion?

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

I agree on the above if first call from SEND Step fails second will not be processed. It behaves in serial processing manner only.

Only failure from SFTP or Email adapter I can see is unavailability of the Host Servers ( Considering From SFTP perspective you are marking user non expiring ).

Regards,
Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat.

Answers (0)