Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP receiver ping channel error: could not open connection to the url

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on JDBC to SOAP syn scenario. where in soap receiver channel(ping chanenl option)  i am getting the error  could not open connection to the url.

Please find the screen shot for the same.

Things which i have checked but no luck!!!

1) Telnet is working

2) url is opening in browser and server level

3) It is working in soapui

4) Host entries maintained

5)No proxy setting are there.

seems everything is fine not sure still when i am pinging the channel getting the error.

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Snavi
Active Participant

Hi Pavan,

check the detailed logs from the log viewer after your run the test, that may lead you to the cause of connection failure.

run the ping test, and then nwa -> troubleshooting -> logs and traces -> log viewer

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

If message generated then only logs will generate in log viewer,We have not started sender channel as it is in production system.

Before starting we want to make sure every thing fine in that case i checked ping channel of soap receiver.

where it is showing not able to connect url. telnet is working,

I want to what could be problem for this as it is showing as could not able to connect target url??

Regards

Pavan

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

if the channel ping errors out, you can still see detailed exception in the log viewer. you don't have to start the sender channel

are you saying you don't see any errors in log viewer during your ping test

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Navdeep is right, you should see errors in the logs even if you didn't start the channel. If you ping the channel and fails there should be some errors. If you find them please paste them here so that we can take a look.

Regards,
Mate

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mate & Navdeep, logs generated now in logs i am able to see below error

Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

Attached screenshot of the same.

Kindly suggest what need to do now.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

looks like the CA certificate is missing. Check this thread: SOAP Receiver with HTTPS(without certificate) | SCN

Kind regards

Snavi
Active Participant

Hi Pavan,

You need to add the CA certificate to the trusted store, you can either ask your web service provider to provide you the CA certificate or you can download it from browser. When you use the https site in your web browser , the certificate will get stored (e.x for IE  Tools->Internet Options->Content->certificates)

nwa -> configuration -> security -> certificate and keys -> add entry to your TrustedCAs view

PavanKumar
Active Contributor

Now issue got resolved. I have placed the certificate downloaded from the url.

Now i am able to ping the channel correctly. I will update once end to end process completed.

Thanks  navdeep & mate for the help.

Regards

Pavan

Same issue i am facing but its in SOAP receiver Lookup channel. i am trying ping test it shows "CAN NOT OPEN URL HTTPS://****"when i checked the logs it doesnt even show any log.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

former_member754726
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Have you found any solution?

0 Kudos

yes, downloading the certificates from browser and loading them to NWA works.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

There were many fixes for this error. Check out SAP Note 2096083, 2118318, 1828122 if they are applicable in your system.

Regards,
Mate

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the notes, but We are into latest

• PI 7.40 SP12 version.

Regards

Pavan