cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRCD-1120 : The resource for database <SID> could not be found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

i have a problem regarding using srvctl command.

We are running Oracle Database 12c on an ExaData with an SAP application server. For SAP it is mandatory to start activities/jobs on the database with the so called BR*Tools from SAP.

I configured all and now i got the following error:

>>>>> brconnect -u // -c -f check

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.40 (13)

BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: ceththxg.chk 2016-06-03 11:49:20

BR0484I BRCONNECT log file: /oracle/<SID>/sapcheck/ceththxg.chk

BR0477I Oracle pfile /oracle/<SID>/sapprof/init<SID>1.ora created from spfile +DATA/<SID>/spfile<SID>.ora

BR1805I Oracle spfile /oracle/<SID>/sapprof/spfile<SID>1.ora created from pfile /oracle/<SID>/sapprof/init<SID>1.ora

BR0278W Command output of '/oracle/<SID>/121/bin/srvctl modify database -db <SID> -spfile +DATA/<SID>/spfile<SID>.ora':

PRCD-1120 : The resource for database <SID> could not be found.

PRCR-1001 : Resource ora.<SID>.db does not exist

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2016-06-03 11:49:22

BR0279W Return code from '/oracle/<SID>/121/bin/srvctl modify database -db <SID> -spfile +DATA/<SID>/spfile<SID>.ora': 1

BR1350W SRVCTL call for database <SID> failed

BR0303E Determination of Oracle version failed

Problem is, that this brconnect tool is started by a user called <sid>adm or ora<sid>. And these two user can not connect correctly to srvctl tool.

If i try "srvctl config database -db <sid>" with user oracle, everything is fine. Only with user <sid>adm or ora<sid> it isn't working.

And that is my main problem. Looks like a permission problem. But i don't know where.

All oracle binaries belongs to user oracle and group oinstall, like it is recommended for sap on ExaData.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raviraj_sap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sacha

Please check the below mentioned link:

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thx for your update. Problem is solved at this time.

Main error was that the Parameter noproc wasn't set for Group sapsys in /etc/security/limits.conf and because of this, the <sid>adm user had only 1024 process to work with, and that is not enough for brconnect.

The error below results from an incorrect configuration.

Regards,

Sascha

Answers (0)