cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS - Transfer PA Data for SAP ERP HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In transferring PA Data for SAP ERP HCM,  there is a step to "Define Target Ranges for Users"  and "Set Technical Switches"

SND_LOGON  -  the Identify Objects for Data Selection activity initiates an explicit logon to the sender system.

Note You must provide relevant HCM authorizations to users in the sender system. To prevent unauthorized access of sensitive HCM data, only valid users with appropriate HCM authorizations can be allowed to access the data. Use a CPIC user in the TDMS landscape who only has TDMS authorizations.

To allow authorized users to select the HCM data in the sender system, ensure that you have defined users with both TDMS and HCM authorizations.

However, such users should not be visible in the TDMS landscape to ensure that unauthorized access to their systems does not take place. Set the SND_LOGON switch to 'X' to force such users to enter the user ID and password during data selection.

My question is when we create this dialog user in the Sender Sytem what are the roles and authorizations we should assign to this users

If I understand correctly, for TDMS we should assign SAP_TDMS_HCM_MASTER and SAP_TDMS _HCM_USER. But what about the HR Side?

What should I  assign to facilitate the execution of "Configuration  and Utilities in the Sender System" and "Identify Objects for Transfer and Start Data Selection"

Thanks in advance!

Regars,

Doms

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doms,

For the user in the sender system, SAP_TDMS_HCM_MASTER or SAP_TDMS_HCM_USER can be used for specific requirement. You can refer to the documentation of the roles for more information. In general, you could also use the composite role SAP_TDMS_MASTER_CR.

From HR side, you need to provide specific roles based on your transfer requirement, which cover areas like payroll, personnel administration etc. Some of the common authorization objects here are:

P_ORGIN - For HR master data

P_ORGINCON

P_PCLX - for HR clusters like payroll clusters(note that here the authorizations would be based on individual relids)

Please note that this is not a complete list, but only a look into some common authorization objects. I would request you to get in touch with your SAP HCM team for further understanding of the various SAP HCM authorization objects and roles.

I hope i've answered your query. Please let me know if you have any followup queries.

Thanks & Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Puneet!

Just a follow up question, on the activity "Configuration  and Utilities in the Sender System" and "Identify Objects for Transfer and Start Data Selection" there is area there where we can choose the SAP International Tables and if I tick on Travel Management, are these tables transferred in full? Or can this be filtered like only current fiscal year will be moved to the receiving system?

DescriptionTable GroupTableKey TypeSelection FieldTable Text
Travel ManagementP_TRVPTRV_ADMINPPERNRTravel Management: Administrative Data for Personnel Numbers
P_TRVPTRV_ARCHIVEPPERNRAdministrative Table for Archived Trip Data
P_TRVPTRV_ARCH_HEADPPERNRPrearchiving FI-TV: Entries from PTRV_HEAD (Temporary)
P_TRVPTRV_ARCH_PERIOPPERNRPrearchiving FI-TV: Entries from PTRV_PERIO (Temporary)
P_TRVPTRV_BEIHILFEPPERNRSubsidies for Trips Home for Entire Separation Allowance
P_TRVPTRV_BEIH_BELPPERNRAssignment of Receipts to a Subsidy for Trips Home
P_TRVPTRV_BEIH_TAGPPERNRAssignment of Days to a Subsidy for Trips Home
P_TRVPTRV_BEIH_WEGPPERNRAssignment of Trip Segments to a Subsidy for Trips Home
P_TRVPTRV_BTRGSUMPPERNRTable for Treatment for Amount Accumulation
P_TRVPTRV_CCCPPERNRError Receipts for Credit Card Clearing
P_TRVPTRV_CCC_RUNSPPERNRAssign Personnel Number to Credit Card Clearing Run
P_TRVPTRV_COMM_AMTPPERNRDetail Data: Transfer to FM When Trip Saved
P_TRVPTRV_COMM_ITMPPERNRHeader Data: Transfer to FM When Trip Saved
P_TRVPTRV_COMPPPERNRComparison Calculation Results PS
P_TRVPTRV_DOC_ITPPERNRTransfer Travel -> FI/CO: Lines of TRV interm. document
P_TRVPTRV_HEADPPERNRGeneral Trip Data
P_TRVPTRV_KMSUMPPERNRTable for Use of Miles/Kms Accumulation
P_TRVPTRV_ME_CCC_RUNPPERNRAssign Personnel Number to Credit Card Clearing Run
P_TRVPTRV_NOT_CH_TRPPERNRStorage of New Data from Temporarily Unchangable Trips
P_TRVPTRV_PERIOPPERNRPeriod Data of a Trip
P_TRVPTRV_PERNRPREFSPPERNRPersonalization at Employee Level
P_TRVPTRV_REASGN_FMPPERNRConversion of FM Data in Trip (e.g. Fiscal Year Change)
P_TRVPTRV_RECDETAILPPERNRParticipant(s) in Entertainment Receipts
P_TRVPTRV_ROT_AWKEYPPERNRAssignment of Trip Results to Posting Doc. Number and Line
P_TRVPTRV_SADDPPERNRTrip Statistics - Add. Receipt Data
P_TRVPTRV_SBACKLOGPPERNRTrip Statistics - Batch/Backlog Processing
P_TRVPTRV_SCOMPPERNRTravel Statistic - Request/Plan/Settlement Cost Comparison
P_TRVPTRV_SCOSPPERNRTrip Statistics - Cost Assignment
P_TRVPTRV_SHDRPPERNRTrip Statistics - Trip Amounts
P_TRVPTRV_SRECPPERNRTrip Statistics - Receipts
P_TRVPTRV_SYNC_OUTPPERNRSynchronization Table for Trips in Microsoft Outlook
P_TRVPTRV_TRIPCHN_46CPPERNRTable of all Trip Destinations f. Processing Recurring Dest.
P_TRVPTRV_TRIP_CHAINPPERNRTable of all Trip Destinations f. Processing Recurring Dest.
P_TRVPTRV_TRIP_DELETEPPERNRTrips Deleted in SAP System for Offline Travel Manager
P_TRVPTRV_VATDETAILPPERNRSupplier Data for VAT Refund in Travel Management
P_TRVPTRV_VERSIONPPERNRHistory Table
P_TRVPTRV_WAFGUIDPPERNRLogging for Synchronization GUID (DUPRECS)
P_TRVPTRV_WAF_CONFLCTPPERNROffline Travel Management: Conflict Processing
P_TRVPTRV_WAF_RESTARTPPERNRRestart File for Mobile Solution with Overlapping Trips
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doms,

These tables will not be transferred in full, but will be reduced using the employee data. Based on your selection criteria, the PERNR's to be transferred are identified. Based on these PERNR's, the data from these tables will be selected.

Thanks & Regards

Puneet