cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI (Website - Mail - Database) Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Gurus,

I'm working with this PI Interface that starts with a Website sending an XML file to a Mail ID, then the Interface (MailFile - to -Proxy) will read and extract the Details from XML file and post the data in Database Table.

Pretty much simple, but we are having difficulties in the Received XML file, somewhere between the website submission and the receiving of the Email on Outlook, we are getting extra part in the header which causing the message to fail.

Email body should include only the XML, after checking the CC Configurations and using the following Modules:

Also the Email configuration itself are ok, no problem there, yet we are receiving the XML like this:

Only the XML should be there, but we are getting the Highlighted part also which causing the message to fail.

Any idea why this 'part' is showing? I've tried everything I can but can't seem to find the reason of this.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhja!

Can you see in what format your web site sends message to PI? It looks like multipart message fragment.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

what we need is the Plain/Text format, we requested the same from website team and they say they are using the Plain/Text format.

but for some reason we are receiving it in Multipart :S I cracked heads over heels on this and can't seem to find why it's coming in Multipart..

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhja!

What are the settings in your HTTP sender channel?

And what syntax does your web team use to send data to PI?

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

For the channels here are the settings:

As for the Used Syntax can you please elaborate on what do you mean, like the developing platform or is it something else?

what we know is They are using JAVA Spring Module to send the XML & Pure JAVA Code to collect the Data from Website upon submission.

Regards.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Muhja!

Didn't you think about requesting your web team for sending XML data from web site to e-mail address as attachment, not as mail body?

I guess, it could solve your problem.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

I will try and use that, thanks.

but just to clarify, we already have similar scenarios without attachments and are working fine, the issue is just in the under development one, we checked from both website side and PI side and everything is as the previous interfaces. that's why I needed to know where is this extra part coming from as it isn't showing in the active scenarios.

Regards.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhja!

Do your other scenarios work with Outlook mail too? If so, this mean that in this case mail comes to your inbox in some special format. You could check this by sending test mail message with required payload from your mailbox, for example. And than have a look on that how PI processes your message. If result differs from your current result - this means that your web team sends messages in wrong format.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

Thanks for your prompt reply, yes all the other scenarios work fine with outlook.

we tried sending the desired XML payload from the mail ID and it was working fine and was accepted by the communication channel.

Negotiations with web team resulted in nothing regarding the corrections of this mail issue, they say they don't know the reason of this especially that they are doing the same settings as in  the previous working scenarios.

Regards.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhja!

In this case I hardly can advise anything else, but at least you could try to compare MIME headers for both of your source mail messages (for example, for one of previous working scenarios and the current one) and check if these headers differ.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

Alright I will try the XML as an Attachment & will let you know. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

thanks for your help,

it seems that the web team was sending in Multi part because it had the attachment in it, once removed it was plain text again, so to solve it we asked them to send the file name as text and convert the attachment to binary before sending in the XML file, that solved the issue. Receiving it in binary and extracting it back on SAP.

Appreciate your help.

Muhja

Answers (0)