Inspection lot number generate ranges skipping/ Randomly

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

System is generating Inspection lot number & skipping sequence

and i check QLAS & NRIV

On NRIV buffering is off

Through SNRO Tcode I edited QLOSE object (by default Buffering is on and I  switched off buffering but issue is still exits so i revert default setting)

Please guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Document numbers need to be sequential if it is any financial document.In case of QM it is not usually needed.If business still needs sequential inspection lot buffering needs to be switched off from SNRO which has other implication hence needs to be avoided.

You would need to convince the Business accordingly.

Regards,

Chitrakshi

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but your statement is not true.

There are different regulations in countries worldwide, and the fact that a document is financial (b.t.w., what exactly is that, is a customer order already a "financial" document, or only the invoice?) does not always result in the need to do sequential numbering.

Regards

MH

0 Kudos

Hello,

The response was to state that QM usually does not require sequential document,sequential numbering of document is usually needed for financial document though I have not stated it is a must for financial document.

Regards,

Chitrakshi

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

First question you should ask yourself: why is this a problem for your business? Why do you need consecutive number ranges?

Regards

MH

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhey Mohan,

You have switched off buffering number range for QLOSE form NRIV or SNUM or SNRO, but still this issue is there. I have checked below SAP notes -

62077 - Info: Internal number assignment has gaps

989067 - FAQ: Consecutive numbering of inspection lots

599157 - Number ranges: New buffering method

1832772 - Quality inspection lot number skip

What I understand that even if you are truing to remove buffer assignment for number range, still there may be some impact on this number assignment. May be you can work with Basis team for further inputs, or wait for some more feedback form experts.

Thanks,

Arijit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP note 989067 explains further possible reasons for the non-sequential numbering of inspection lots.

Refer SAP KBA 1832772 - Quality inspection lot number skip

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar